Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Damn you! That means we can't re-use the bottles :(
you can if you put a cork in it!
Better be able to get a refund on the bottle.. :)
20c if you drop it at my house.
LOL, i'd try for a swapabottle for 20c :)
Yes you can.

Mike at BC has the bigger crown caps for sale now and the matching bell for the capper.
What I really want to know though
Stu is what did you think of it? Can't wait to try it at Beervana
+1 ?????????? Stu??????????
Something about it makes me want to say "It's good!" in a short, sharp, German accent.

It is delicious. Very clean, very bitter, very malty, very balanced. Very Nelson.

"Plan K" Belgian Pale Ale is fermenting too (a little stronger and a little less malty than the case swap offering of "Red Rackham's Treasure").

Steve's been enjoying himself down south!
HAHA His Majesty is just as much German as your IPA!!
Had two samples last night:

1. German Lager. First sampling of homebrew #1 from a kit. Have to admit it was better than I expected given it came out of a tin with a bag of adjunct that I really didn't know what was in it... Had I known better at the time I wouldn't have used the yeast that came with it. I'm sure I could taste it at the back of the pallate and didn't quite match. Doesn't matter though, it's more than drinkable and looking forward to learning more with grains and being able to have a bit more control with how it's designed and brewed.

2. Invercargill Brewery - Smokin' Bishop. Lovely malt flavour that accompanies the smokiness very well. Smooth and velvety. Went very well smoked cheese funny enough.
Just had a sample of my Old Ale and its tasting awesome!!! Slight bretty cherry pie aroma and a subtle sourness at the back of the palate!! Yum! Its still fermenting slowly so will prolly get down a few more points! Why do people say to age brett beers for ages?? I could drink this stuff out of the fermenter!!!!

Also just booked a cruise from Flordia to LA for my honeymoon in march, which will HAVE to involve a few days in california, visiting Stone brewing in San Diego, and Rogue taphouse in San fran!!! Pretty excited!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service