Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have decided I ned a pump. It needs to pump boiling wort and be sturdy. Flowrate, maybe 5L/min or so, maybe less can do it, I don't know...? I would like to be able to whirlpool with it eventually.

Craftbrewer has got a couple but with shipping that will probably get pricey:

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=2969
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=909

Can I get something like this locally?

What do you guys use, is it good and where can I get it?

Cheers

Views: 1218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haish is right - I find that unless you keep your "sculpture" on one tier, then you dont need 2 pumps. I'm fine with one... and probably dont even need that one! but then again... I'm pretty lazy - so it comes in handy for helping me do that.
Yep morebeer is cheaper(don't have a freight price yet) but out of stock.You're right 2 pumps is excessive
Try this one for NZ which is in stock..

Freight is about $43 USD for a 20lb flat rate box, and as the motor is about 6lbs, you may want to look at getting three at once to cut the costs down...
Ah yes I was looking at the US version,good spotting James
Looking to bring in a march pump from morebeer,any takers?
Yeah I will I have been waiting for a reply like this!!
Get yourself a couple of fittings for pump if morebeer sell them, they're a wanky thread that I couldn't find here.

I used BSP fittings which were fine, but didn't tighten up too well without a shitload of thread tape, and being a plastic head you don't wanna ruin the threads.
I'm keen for one.
I've been talking to morebeer and they basically said they couldnt say how much the shipping would be until they had packed the goods and taken it to the post office, they said they didn't use the flat rate parcels... I found it strange though so maybe they dude was just a bit slow... anyways, if the shipping doesnt turn out to be a deal breaker, I would certainly be interestd!
Before I bought mine to check the price I just added one to my cart and then checked out and chose the shipping I wanted which gave the price.

Or are you trying to cut a deal Soren?
I would order them individually, unless you get a great deal on the shipping. The problem is that once the order is over NZ$400 you will get whacked with the GST. This will eat into any "savings" you get from combined shipping. Once you get them shipped around NZ you may find they are more expensive than if you had each ordered them individually. Make sure you do the maths first!

The threads on the input/output are NPT, for which fittings are difficult to find in NZ. BSP fittings are compatible (and are what I use) but as denimglen says, you will need a shitload of thread tape. My fittings aren't screwed on too tight (hand tight) because I didn't want to damage the plastic threads and I have never had problems with leaks. I use a BSP coupler and hose tail on the input, and a ball valve and hose tail on the output.

Good luck with getting your pumps, they definitely make brew day easier.
mmmm, a bit more homework to be done then

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service