Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, I will flick these off to people outside AK, just hook me up with a few bucks for postage :-), would still like to swap one for either a mystery or smoothcone though so will hold off sending them for a week or so to see how things play out.

I actually have 4 just-sprouted seedlings up for grabs. The rhizomes they're growing from are about 10mm thick and about 40 - 60 mm long. Just gotta look into the best way to send them. Will keep everyone posted.
Thanks denimglen, I'm happy to pay for postage. I planted 30 Cascade seeds and 15 NZ Hallertau seeds about a month ago. No signs of life at all :(
I'd be interested in one, though all I can offer is money/beer or possibly some of the Kortegast hops/rhizomes in March if I manage to get over to the coast then (seeing as its only about two km down the road from my parents house)
Maybe we need to make a date to go over, my parents are in Greymouth...
I would be interested in taking some of these off your hands, although I don't have any rhizomes to offer in return. I can only pay in beer! I'm in Auckland also, on the Shore.

Cheers,

Martin
+1 would be very keen, can pay in beer but dont have rhizomes :o(

Im also on the shore...
Hi denimglen, I'd be keen to swap for some german mystery I have. I planted some a bit late last year and never got any flowers so not even sure what sex it is, still crossing fingers. They can grow well though I have one in a pot and its already about 1.5M tall. I'm in Welly but wrapped up in some damp cotton wool it should survive in the post.
I'll take one of these off you if you still have any. Sorry I don't have any rhizomes to trade :(
Danscade! Thanks Glen I like I like it!
Im happy to see that your keen to distribute rhizomes, I exhausted some of my stock from being to generous this year and it seems ive lost one, but theres many plants left.
Mr Cherry The first time I planted seeds I planted lots and only got one seedling which we have now, tried again this year with green bullet and nz fuggles, 50 seeds and no go! I guess I was lucky with the cascade!
Wow, lots of interest.

Thanks for the offer Dale but I'll have to pass on the trade, just don't want to run the risk of planting males along side my females. Since you offered I can still send you one if you like?

Thanks Joking, would really be keen to trade a smoothcone rhizome for a danscade.

That leaves me with two rhizomes to pass off, which will go off in order to those who asked so that would be Mr Cherry and HerrSchnapps.

Sorry to those who missed out, I'll definitely organise more next year. All four rhizomes that are being given away are just 30 - 40 mm lengths of growing stalk that was snipped and planted - really easy to cultivate it seems. All are showing nice little healthy looking green sprouts.

For those who missed out - once my plants have taken off I'll take some cuttings and they may be ready to plant before the end of the season, so the plant should have a pretty good start for next season if it doesn't flower this time round.
Woo Hoo!!! Thanks Denim, I'll drop you a comment tomorrow with my details.
Wooo! Thanks heaps, I'll offer some cuttings next season to people if I get it growing big and strong :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service