Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

A big thank you for Colin for letting us host this event at the Malthouse and to Dion and Carl for judging the event. The winner of WBC IV went to Simon David Kelly with his intresting but stunning Tamarillo Ale it was a deserved winner as it was well executed for the style and just a good drop!!

With every winner there is a loser and this wooden spoon went to the winner of WBC III Dale Cooper with his KiwiFruit Wit, Dales choice for the WBC V is for everyone to brew one of the countrys leading West Coast styled IPA Hallertau's Maximus Humulus Lupulus, which steve has posted the recipe here; http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/forum/topics/maximus-cloning?commen...

So what the idea is is for everyone to brew this beer the same as posted (I can help with the Gladfield Pale malt) Some might think this is strange but I think its ingenious, as it will all give us an idea of how diffrent brewers and brewerys differ in creating essentially the same beer and the best Clone wins!!!!!!

The Date for this event is scheduled for the Saturday the 23 of October @ 3pm 

As mentioned I can assist with the Gladfield Pale malt so just drop us a line if you would like to use it for the brew other wise all other listed ingredients can be found @ www.libertybrewing.co.nz

Views: 365

Replies to This Discussion

That's timely, I just ordered some simcoe and columbus from Liberty just the other day.

Sorry I missed the last one. I've had a serious lack of time and malt. I've steadied the ship now though.
Dont worry I brewed my entrant 1 year ago!! I think this weeks brews were the first ones for me for like 4 weeks!!
Nice work Simon and great option Dale!

Chris has been cloning maximus for a few months now so there's definitely going to be some good competition here.
Would have finished painting by then, looking forward to judging the clones :) (Sonds like star wars!!!! Attack of the clones :))
Hey Mike, any chance of moving the event as long weekend. Either week before or week after?
Just an idea.
Do we have a firm date yet? Mine's just about spot on now... it can only go down hill from here :(
Who's brewed a clone?? Mines ready to go, but I won't be able to make it as I'll be working. However Denise will be there to accept my winnings.
I have one. Tastes fine, although only one week in the bottle. I can make the 23rd sans children for a change!
Howdy - Where is the venue this time round? I put a vote in for Bar Ed.
Guys and girls just woundering if I could postpone the event till Sunday 24th opposed to the 23rd and I will let everyone know the new venue for the WBC V this week!!
I have something on the Sunday. BTW, James is going to be away as well...
FUCK!!!!! On sat as well?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service