Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi  there

My company has purchased a bunch of different Moa beers with the idea of giving mixed boxes away to valued customers and staff.

I am no stranger to bottle conditioned beer (as I have brewed a fair bit and don't own a kegging setup yet) but the amount of sludge in the bottom of the pale ale has me concerned.

It is not a nicely packed sediment like I would expect - more of a loose fluffy substance that is not stuck to the bottom but floating free in the beer. The also-bottle-conditioned belgian tripel and wheat beer look great, with just a tight ring of sediment on the bottom of the bottle as I would expect.

The marketing guy that organised this purchase has spoken to the sales guy at Moa and been assured it is fine - and that the pale ale always looks like that because it has more proteins in it.

I had difficulty photographing it but will attach my efforts - sorry about the crap pics. (cellphone camera)

What do you think? Is this normal? I have put one in the fridge to chill and will try it in an hour or so.

Cheers
Patrick

Views: 700

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lolololol that would be the death nail for their company! I'm with the gays on this one, I don't need some twatty company telling me that not drinking their style might make me a homosexual. Reminds me of that Rolling Stones song, you know the one, with the white shirts and the cigarettes.

I'd be careful with that line of argument. You're basically saying "it's OK to call black people niggers, since it's bound to rile them up and create good product exposure". I think it's pretty despicable. Moa are way better than that. It seems 42 below are not.

Exactly my thoughts. But I guess it's ok to hassle gays and lesbians because they're just fluffy bottoms... The niggers will whup yo' ass!

The niggers will whup yo' ass fluffy bottoms!

Oh god, what have I done? :)

Aaah, I,m pissing myself laughing. "lets all see how many people we can offend in one thread, oh seems we've covered the two main groups, we need to diversify and sterotype now"

the scottish are too cheap to drink moa, so they're not worried either way  (i'm allowed to say that, with my heritage)

Too cheap buy BUY it Stu.

The Scottish would steal it if they wanted it though

SOBA could also be a group that could be exploited for cheap marketing, not sure how exactly but I'm sure someone can think of a way.  GreenMan got lots of media mentions via the DB trademark thing though I don’t think that was deliberate move to get publicity. 

So if anything Moa related happens in the next wee while to angry up your SOBA blood you might need to ignore it rather than contact the media. (or at least think carefully before you do anything.)

did anyone try 42 below?

i tried it (only once admittedly, and I'm far from a vodka expert) but it smelt like turpentine and tasted kind of like what I'd imagine turpentine to taste like...

I read a bit of the Ross book and he kept going on about the quality of the product but I couldn't take it seriously after that taste. I suppose the things they mix it with can hide the flavour of the vodka, or people just dig turpentine????  Perhaps I've just met an alcohol I don't like... (alongside the anise-flavoured ouzo, rakis, pastis, sambucca etc).

I don't think their plain vodka was that great a seller actually. It was mostly the flavours flying off the shelf, feijoa, manuka honey, etc.

The vodka tasted like all NZ vodka to me... Lacking in body / mouthfeel and a little bit too much heads in there.

How much is in a brand?

It was the feijoa one that shocked me... I'd never tasted anything that had been near a feijoa tree that I didn't like. Until that.

I guess everyone who purchased it, drowned it in mixers for cocktails. And at that point it is probably the quality of the mixer that counts for almost everything.

You're spot on regarding the brand.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service