Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Seeing as CS5 is pretty much over, for most of us, thought I would gauge interest for CS6, as well as get some ideas on dates?

What do you guys reckon? Im thinking Mid September personally?

Views: 257

Replies to This Discussion

Cooked vegatables is what you get from DMS (dimethylsulphide). Can sometimes smell like tinned tomatoes as well. Its pretty common in brewing but strange that this is the first time you got it. Can come from not boiling completely. It flashes off in the boil but in the mid - late stages. Thats why some people boil for 90 mins if their burner isn't too flash. Also helps using a wort chiller to crash cool the beer. It could have formed in the hot wort after the boil if you didn't use a chiller.
Oh yeah, some times if you don't boil fully you also make the pre-cursor to DMS (SMM) which then turns into DMS slightly later. The google brewer says check this out:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/DMS
i normally always boil for 90, maybe i didn't for some reason-i can't remember back that far?i always use a ic as well
So ahhh, what's to do now? I live in Auckland... Who do I drop beers around to? How much cash do I give to whom? And is there anything else I need to do? I'm obviously new to all this!
Stu, sorry mate, its normally more organised than this... I am the drop off dude for Auckland beers, and you can give your cash - $20, to me to cover postage..

Flick us a PM for adress and more details if need be bro
Fark ok, this is quickly turning into a shambles :o( And ive been too busy to pull it back together.. Im very sorry guys!!

So assuming some people are still keen I think im meeting with some AKL peeps this week some time? Maybe?? I will be bottling off my entry this week or early weekend some time...

Whos still in? And who is picking up for welly plz???
I'll drop off Andrew's, Brew Sci's and my beers to you one night this week. Is Thursday ok?
That should be sweet bro, ill let you know if its not tomorrow but dont see it being a problem...
I'm going to do the wellington side of things. I've organised with Jo for his beers to make there way to me.
It's done - and my beers are on their way to you Simon. Let me know your costs for sending bottles around.

Cheers.

I was gonna woose out 'cos mine tastes a bit old and tired... but then again - I don't care if you's fellas reckon my beer tastes like shit.
Just a good excuse to crack the bottle open as soon as I get it.
Nice, I'll get in contact with Stu and arrange a pickup ... reckon I could have the wellington beers on the way by Monday as there's only 3 of us.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service