Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

A big thank you for Colin for letting us host this event at the Malthouse and to Dion and Carl for judging the event. The winner of WBC IV went to Simon David Kelly with his intresting but stunning Tamarillo Ale it was a deserved winner as it was well executed for the style and just a good drop!!

With every winner there is a loser and this wooden spoon went to the winner of WBC III Dale Cooper with his KiwiFruit Wit, Dales choice for the WBC V is for everyone to brew one of the countrys leading West Coast styled IPA Hallertau's Maximus Humulus Lupulus, which steve has posted the recipe here; http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/forum/topics/maximus-cloning?commen...

So what the idea is is for everyone to brew this beer the same as posted (I can help with the Gladfield Pale malt) Some might think this is strange but I think its ingenious, as it will all give us an idea of how diffrent brewers and brewerys differ in creating essentially the same beer and the best Clone wins!!!!!!

The Date for this event is scheduled for the Saturday the 23 of October @ 3pm 

As mentioned I can assist with the Gladfield Pale malt so just drop us a line if you would like to use it for the brew other wise all other listed ingredients can be found @ www.libertybrewing.co.nz

Views: 365

Replies to This Discussion

I just need someone/somewhere to drop my beer off to. I am not going to be around for it :-(
Same for me I'm afraid ... have two diners, one Saturday and one Sunday night ... I'll be dropping mine off too.
I've got work Saturday and Sunday afternoons, so either way I can't come either :( My beer's all ready to go though
Shall we make it next weekend then? Seems no one is around!!
Yes! Lots of people are away over the long weekend.
Good plan
Done next Saturday it is then!! That way Colin is also back!!
Thanks MIke, I'll be keen on judging :)
Sorry, now unable to make it. Dad is in town, haven't seen him in ages.
Excellent ... I'll be able to make that one.
So, are we still on for 3pm this Saturday??
Yip for Sure Malthouse @ 3pm cant wait!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service