Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have a major problem, I just unscrewed the lid of the amber ale I was going to rack to secondary, and it is infected. Smells like vinegar and has a couple of blobs of mould on the surface.

The problem is, I am in the middle of a brew (starting boil now) and I now have no yeast cake to pitch onto, and no yeast in the fridge.

What should I do? After the chill, if I put it in a sanitized fermenter will it be OK with no yeast till tomorrow after work?

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John Palmer did a bit of testing on this, making beers with s**tloads of starsan foam in the carboy and keg, he found that it makes absolutely no difference to the finished product.
Yeah I know - I just find it offputting for some reason - I am sure I will get used to it!
Learn to love the foam :-)
I forgot to take the starsan out of one of my kegs before I racked to it, it hade about 1L of the good stuff in it, couldnt taste it in it and if anything its one of my better beers. So yeah Starsan is a good adjucnt.
'Don't Fear the Foam'
Where do you guys source your Starsan from??
Brewers coop or is there somewhere else you can get it?
Brewers Coop - got some about a year ago, it has done me 15 brews so far and I still have most of it left.......
Star San is no longer at Brewers Coop! Apparently their distributor stopped bring it in. GAR!!! Citrox for me.
Or iodophor from Liberty (and/or whoever else resells it?)
This is very sad. I love StarSan. Time to grovel to Joseph to see if he can pick up a distributorship...

Yeah I was talking to the brewers coop guys, and they were saying they were trying to contact StarSan about being a distributor, and they just never replied. Rubbish.

Yeh next time I order stuff from Liberty I think I'll have to get some Iodophor I guess.

Have a look at http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/default.asp?CID=104

Craftbrewer is the Oceanea distributor of 5Star products. They are presently out of all StarSan, but apparently there is a shipping container which is 3-4 weeks from being landed in Australia that will have lots of the stuff in various sized containers.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service