Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good to see you made it safe and sound Michael!

As jt says make sure to make us rotten jealous I mean let us know what you are drinking over there!

Also how your brewing goes over there whats your first batch going to be?

Cheers Chris
whats your first batch going to be?

Bitter Hot Night maybe - I mean Miami's gotta be a f*** sight hotter than here right now ?

Drinking ?

Anniversary Guinness - 5 months past it's best by and going a bit sour - shame as in it's prime it was much better than it's nitro-smoothed cousin

Onto the last pint or two of the ripoff of Joe's Pickwell Pale and about to keg the B-Sharp clone (and bottle the excess) Maybe even a sniff of the fermenter with the mot lager if I'm feeling daring

cheers, jt
I agree - love those beers, they're well crafted. One of my prominent early beer geek memories is sitting in Santa Barbara, under the foothills of the southern Sierra Nevadas, drinking the pale ale. A great part of the world all the way up that coast and it is most certainly a great beer. And Ginger Spice came and sat down at the next table, which was a bit stereotypically "California".
Epic pale ale. Doesnt matter how many times I have it, its like rediscovering it all over again. But tonight had it with this recipe http://www.recipes.co.nz/thai-beef-salad?pid=f7d9d9fb-3ac5-4c6b-85b...
Superb match IMHO!
at Elbar in Dunedin:

Fullers ESB on handpump
Fullers Porter on handpump side by side with
Emersons Porter on Tap. Man there was a huge difference with the Emersons being that much colder and fizzier. I left it while I drank the Fullers but it was still too cold and fizzy.

Green Man Mild from the bottle.

Emersons, Inch and Tonic tonight then off to Invercargill tomorrow!
Go man go!
ARGH - Foodtown in Browns Bay officially sucks the fat one!!

Forgive me if I sound like im having a whinge, but doesnt the rrp of a product such as a beer include the cost of the beer being chilled?? Our work fridge has only Heineken in it so 10 mins ago I decided to treat myself to a 4 pack of Epic to put in the fridge and enjoy on friday's, but when I get to foodtown they not only have the Epic at the regular price of $7 for a 500ml, but its sitting on the warm shelf where it's been since it was delivered to the supermarket, right next to the beer fridge thats overflowing with the usual crap including some wines?!?!?! WTF??

I guess im just upset, I assumed that if im able to get Epic at my local supermarket that it would be stored correctly, but I just find it hard to grab a product warm off the shelf when I know theres a good chance it may not be very fresh tasting, let alone not being able to drink it NOW!!

Just made the Heineken taste all that much worse - Shame on you Foodtown!
I hear you! but at least they are selling good beer. when I lived in auckland foodtown didn't have anything that was brewed in less than 1 million hecto liters per year.
keg the B-Sharp clone

It's been in the keg a couple of days and on gas for one - and it's tasting a long way short of the P-Sharp of Mr Cherry's - but there are some hints of the Styrians there that might come through in the conditioning
We touched on it lightly (Neil Miller at my place) when we were talking about food and beer matching. Tonight I just ate 24 Oysters coated in flour with salt and pepper pan fried in 50g of butter. It was really nice - but I was after a beer that could offset the heat of the pepper and cut through that fat. I went with Motueka Monster and it was a great choice. Pepper = spice = NZ Cascade = compliment. Butter = Fat = 1.008 = cut. And that Sauvin aftertaste was the same as having drizzled lemon over the oysters.... perfect.

IPA = Seafood = Nom nom nom.

The Pint lasted 5 mins.

Next up is Summ!t vs Paua.
Ficking starvin' Marvin now...
Having my Belgian Pale Ale tonight. First time with this style and I'm loving it. Think it's one of my new favorite styles.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service