Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

autobiographical reviews seem to be more self-serving than anything
Not for me. Tonight I tasted one of my own and learned something that I thought others may benefit from and therefore posted my thoughts.
I'm with Barry. If anyone is crazy/brave/stupid enough to want to try my beer I'd happily share it with them.

There are a bunch of beers in AKL you can't get in CHC and vice versa, but i don't get sad about it when I read what people are drinking just because I can't try it.
Actually, that exactly my point. I have had a few Three Boys Oyster Stouts, so I have my own opinion of this beer. I happen to like this beer a lot (although I haven't tried the most recent batch that has only been available a few weeks, I imagine it is really good). Its more interesting to me to know your thoughts on this than something that is unattainable.
Today I've had the pleasure of supping Rooster's Seasonal Porter before a couple of pints of Robust Porter brewed within these four walls. (Nice way to farewell an aunt no longer with us). This has always been a good thread just as it is. A good blend of chat about made in the shed brews and made in bigger shed brews....and oddly that matches my beer menu for the day.
Sorry to hear that Mr O, sounds like you've farewelled her well though
isn't there a website called 'ratebeer' or something for bland tasting notes on commercial beer?
Good point there Studio. I allways thught this thread was pretty basic - if someone wants to inflate their head about drinking their homebrew on here - it's up to them. If you want to read full on public perception of any labeled commercial beer - then go to ratebeer.

I have a good laugh at some of the things people write on this thread about their homebrew - and sometimes it makes me want to have a taste. I can't remember the amount of times people have posted recipes on "what are you brewing" then a month or 2 later get on this thread explaining what it's like. It can be quite inspirational. It certainly makes me want to have a try.
bland tasting notes
are you serious?

Here's a note on Emerson's 1812 (from a guy in Dunedin called "DiscoForever"):
500ml bottle, chilled, fresh batch What would I do without Emerson's? Here is proof again that they are masters at their craft. The 1812 India Pale Ale is a beer whose qualities are as numerous as the number of bottles I could drink. It's a beaut to pour - I was seduced by it's dance and the lightly hazy deep rusty amber colour. And what a head! A big mountain of tight, soft creaminess, it stays intact as it gently sinks - like a cream-coloured iceberg slowly melting in time-lapse. And then the aroma hits: Smooth and round and of sweet caramel malt with pears spiced lightly with cinnamon - it's like a dessert! Superb. The taste is a big gutsy all-over-the-tongue bitterness with a huge slightly sweet fruity malt burst. It just feels luscious - thick and voluptuous. It's a manly beer with an earthy quality to it and leaves a wonderful dusky hop bitterness that begs for another gulp. Part of the head even lasted til the bitter end and gave a creamy burst to my last mouthful. Wonderful. Fruity and creamy in the mouth, while still being bitter enough to count as a manly drop, this is my new treat beer. Even more than the pilsner! Can't wait for a hot summers day to sample this refresher with cheeses & pasta in a spicy tomato pepper sauce, or quench the thirst after a hard day painting houses in Carey's Bay. I could get drunk on this and feel no shame. This beer makes me horny. Emerson's APA is out reeeeal soon! Stay tuned.

I'm probably with Daniel, to a point here. I'd certainly not put homebrews in any top beer of the year list... it's like coming online to say your girlfriend is the best shag in town. and that's a given isn't it???

I'm in the homebrew and commercial brew camp but i know a lot of people are put off by this site by the staunch homebrew aspect. It'd be nice to have a more accessible thread or three for them.
no - just being facetious.
...I'm in the homebrew and commercial brew camp but i know a lot of people are put off by this site by the staunch homebrew aspect...

Are you serious?

That's like going to a forum about food and being put off by the staunch amount of people on there that cook.

Honestly, this thread is called 'What are you drinking?' If anyone is that upset about it maybe they should start a 'What commercial beer are you drinking?' thread. Problem solved.
Totally agree DG

For the record I'm drinking water :)
+1 there, it sounds more like people do not know how to use the forum, thus are scared away from actually making their opinions known.

I have no issue saying I believe their excuses/reasons for staying away seem lame in my opinion. Look at some of the threads that have been created here in the last few years....

However if a commercial thread is started we can all give e-fallatio to the brewer of our choice, or in turn voice our negative opinions of their beer on this forum, where we find very little commerical brewers come because they are scared of home brewers.... who have opinions.... cyclical redundancy check anyone?

I am currently drinking Maccona... and like Ally it's not even beer!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service