Styrian Goldings (Slovenia) 5.5% 25 IBU @ 60 min
Styrian Goldings (Slovenia) 5.5% 8 IBU @ 30 min
Styrian Goldings (Slovenia) 5.5% 0.6 g/L @ 0 min

Fermented with W1968 @ 18°C

OG 1.042 - FG 1.013
3.8% ABV
33 IBU
17 EBC

Efficiency came out a bit higher than expected which bumped the OG out of the BJCP style parameters. Bottled from the keg so should be sediment free.

All feedback welcome. Hope you enjoy it!

Views: 77

Replies to This Discussion

Pours crystal clear amber with a 2 finger head, amazing clarity! Aroma of sweet malt with subtle hints of floral hop with some esters floating around in there too, pretty well balanced aroma!! Big toasty dry malt flavour up front with a lingering bitterness and hints of vanilla hop flavour.. Very nicely brewed delicate little beer mate!! Went down a treat, I could drink ALOT of this, bet the keg didnt last long!!
Thanks for the beer Haish, Greydog and I are going to work our way through these beers and started with yours. We both thought it was a great bitter, great colour and very clear. It had a great malt flavour for only 3.8%, malt upfront and then that lingering bitterness came in. Great job Haish.
As usual, not read any other comments. Poured into a jug, then a pint glass.

This beer looks awesome - crystal clear, copper coloured with an off-white head which subsides fairly quickly.

Nice maltiness on the aroma.

Nice balance of malt and hops throughout this beer. I thought it finished very dry, so I was surprised to see the FG. Reminded me of Bookie for some reason, which is weird given the hopping. I like these malts, I like these hops, I like this yeast, so unsurprisingly I like this beer.

Thanks a lot mate.
Very nice beer which i consumed way too quickly. A great session ale I'd happily (as in I'm going to) clone.

I'm going to take a guess at it being filtered, poured a lovely clear amber. A very well balanced beer and a bloody good example of the style. Job well done there Haish.
Great beer to start at the beginning of the ABs game. Heaps' of flavour, fairly bitter and looks great. notice a tiny bit of sediment in the corners of the bottle - but being 1968 it didnt make it to the glass at all. Thanks mate a lovely beer.
Pours amazingly clear, amber/copper. I saw some yeast sediment in the bottom of the bottle before reading the notes here so decanted into the jug. Same as Studio though none made it into the glass. On first inspection it reminded me of going to the pub or a party with the family and Grandad back in England about 25 years ago! It's the colour I think, just brought back some memories of growing up. Anyway, not getting much aroma, quite malty as you would expect. I can't put my finger on the flavours I'm picking up, but having never tasted it before I'm guessing it's either the brown malt or perhaps the dark crystal working well in the lighter style beer. I usually find dark crystal a bit over powering, not in this beer though. It could also be the yeast though, certainly tempted to get into the liquid yeasts after trying this.

Anyway this is England 1985 in a glass! I want to leave it to warm up a tad to see if some more flavours come through but think I'll struggle not to drink all of this in the next ten minutes. Great brew mate, certainly one I will be attempting myself in the future. Cheers
Absolutely brilliant clarity, even cold - a fantastic deep golden glowy thing. Pillowy head subsided fairly quickly leaving nice lace all the way down the glass.

Very well balanced, lovely drinker. Enough bitterness to make you want more, but not so much it overpowered anything else. I've never been able to brew anything low gravity anywhere near as satisfying as this. Carbonation was spot on too, really overall a very good pint and another case swapper I could drink heaps of.
Decanted into a jug thinking it was bottled conditioned as there was a bit of sediment in the bottle. None made it into the pint though, no lees left, the whole bottle went into the jug without disturbing the sediment!

Pours beautifully bright clear copper with off white head. Lovely looking beer.
Big English malt on the nose, some toasty and a bit of raisin.
Nice sweet malty toasty goodness up front, cleansed effortlessly by a solid firm bitterness. As the pint goes down this melds together into a really tasty bittersweet mouthful, want more!. Some fruit and nuttiness from the yeast, loving the 1968 character generally.
Awesome beer Haish, I could drink a metric bloody ton of this. Cheers.
Amber with a white foamy head that faded after half a glass or so. Lovely legs on the glass. Nice toasty malt nose with some floral hop notes and a nice slice of honey style sweetness. More toast notes and a some bitterness to tidy everything up. Very clean and a very flavoursome beer for the abv. Cheers

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service