Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't really experienced the rubber thing. Seems to have more noble character and is realy quite different from Riwaka. I get sweaty orange from Mot vs. Grapefruit from Riwaka.
Riwaka = burnt rubber, Jamil said so, must be true.
Homebrewers riwaka stocks should have been on trademe by now
Riwaka has always been green onion for me. This burnt rubber thing is the emperors new clothes

Now Mot is another thing. I've been playing with it late in the boil and I like it quite a lot.
As far as I know everyone is looking for it now. The US brewers want it,Europe want it. I know for a fact Brewdog use N.Sav in 5am Saint, Punk IPA They also use Motueka in Trashy Blonde, 77 Lager. Chances are if they're using it alot of small US micros use it too. Good hops don't sit on the shelves.
Oh man, its bad enough having to live with the concept of peak oil. But peak hops!

In our endless numbered (home)brewing days, all we ask for is some hops, and decent ones too. I'm sure we'll never run short of green bullet. Hops are not for rationing. I don't believe in austerity measures when it comes to hops!

If demand is exceeding supply, damn the dairy conversions, plant more hops ;o)
I'm sure we'll never run short of green bullet.

Or Super Alpha !

But seriously, isn't there more talk of Pacific Jade as the bittering hop to grow - albiet for the overseas demand - or are you pulling our Steinlegg Bam ?

I bought Pacific Hallertau one year because NZ Hops were out of Mot and riwaka and I trialled Rakau as a possible substitute .. failled on that score
Unfortunately not the case swap beers! Although Simon came through with the goods last night I've been run down with a cold since the weekend so didn't think it was fair to drink the beers feeling like that. So instead it's a couple of fingers of 12 year old single malt, pretty crap considering what's in the kegerator!
Renaissance Stonecutter - there's a clear out on short dated Renaissance at New World College Hill. Got my for $4.50 each. APAs were $3.50 I think. Stonecutter BB140610
Holy crap $4.50??? Short dated?? lol, I would've thought that beer just gets better :oP
Burnt rubber and green onion, I'm not sure what you fellas have been sniffing, but it's defiantly not Riwaka. Riwaka is the most awesome fruity hop I've ever used. Try using Riwaka cone at flame out in a standard bitter, add a shit load, you won't regret it.

Unfortunately it's in short supply this year (about 2 tonne harvest) but next year there will be ample supply for everyone.
Last night with some friends over for dinner:

My Mot/Riwaka Best Bitter on Handpump (awesome - though I've oxy'd the keg now - someone has to come help me polish it off)

With dinner a nice flight off:

Emersons Old 95
Renaissance Stonecutter
Ren.. Porter
Ren Choc Oatmeal Stout (with desert - this was awesome).

We didnt quite get to the i-stout and Epic Stout. Nor could we fit in the 2 bottles of armageddon and Mikes IPA
"someone has to come help me polish it off"

Is that an invite round mate? lol, I could drop off your CS5 beers at the same time, how about this weekend some time?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service