Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I've always found this Ning site slow since we moved over here, but today it has been pretty much unusably slow. Has anyone else found it as bad as me?

I'm using Firefox on Windows XP over my company LAN, if that affects anything. I'll try it again from home when I get there.

Martin

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a test to see how it works from home.

Better is the answer. Browser is still Firefox, so maybe it's my coroporate LAN that's the problem?

How do others find the performance of the site?

Martin
Slowish from anywhere .

Forums are painful to navigate, well you can't jump between them and there's no 'next topic' or 'last topic' option.

Often down for maintenance
I don't really have any problems with it.

Vista, Firefox, ADSL.
dark ages here - cook on open fire too
Fast as lightning!!!!!!!!!
I have no problem with speed, firefox, 2 meg dsl, xp, but I agree with Jt that forums are a nuisance to navigate sometimes, especially when searching for a reply to a previous post, I prefer the old 'quote' inline system!
I'd kill to actually get email instead of having to check my RSS feed of the forums - real hard to follow discussion generally, but don't have much complaint about the speed of the site.
there is an option at the bottom of threads "follow" to get emails sent to you
Yeah, unfortunately 'following' only means that you get notification that a new comment has been posted, and not the comment itself (as far as I can see). It would also be nice to follow all mails by default too! :) (a request for the ning.com folks I expect).
no complaints from work or home.
only complaint - that i haven't got time to brew or read much here these days!

still - this morning i bottled one bottle of my 9% "Handbrewer's" Imperial Amber (from conditioning keg, if anyone is thinking "one bottle?"). Looking forward to a wee taste of that when I get home. Might try and get a brew in this weekend. I'm well overdue for a bitter, and the weather is pretty much ripe for it.
Seems good from here - ADSL, home, firefox (also tried in IE and Safari). Ditto from work. Does your work maybe only have limited international bandwidth?
C++

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service