Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Experiment as I'm getting a bit jaded and bored

Happens to me too. It's good to have favourites but once in awhile you've got to mix it up.
Hi Baz, I empathize with your frustration. I change my recipe almost every time for that reason. Perhaps you could order and have delivered, a smaller amount of hops and malts from Brewers coop or Liberty, to mix it up? I know it is not so economic that way, but I don't brew enough to be that consistent and I feel the need to experiment as much as possible. I find it raises the anticipation level of a new beer and how it will turn out, to make it more interesting each time.
yeah mate thanks for that. thinking exactly along those lines. that combined with more rigorous processes around yeast enabling me to consider liquids and I might well be on track.

Cheers!
Wowza, some awesome beers being brewed this weekend by the looks of things...

Martin - Looks amazing, hope the chiller worked out well!! Cant wait for a taste :o)

Ally - Awesome experiment, really interested to see how this turns out!

Barry - Also looks amazing, I think using 50% Munich should make up for the lack of malt character in these smaller IPA's, make sure you save me a Pint ;o)

My Malt Monster brew is ticking along nicely, allthough not as dark as I hoped.. I also kegged a Pale Ale in the weekend which is allready tasting great!!
Chiller did a great job thanks mate. The hydro sample tasted pretty good, although I was having to strain out hop bits with my teeth!
Wait untill you taste samples out of the fermenter!! I can almost smell it from here!! lol
Matariki Pale ale.

I haven't finalised the hop additions yet, I am going to play around with those still, but...

4.00 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM)
0.40 kg CaraMunich (14.0 SRM)
0.40 kg Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM)
0.30 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM)
0.12 kg Wheat bix (3.0 SRM) (6 wheatbix)

60 min 50.00 gm Pacific Hallertau [4.40 %] (60 min) Hops
10 min 50.00 gm NZ Cascade [5.80 %] (10 min)
50.00 gm Hallertauer, New Zealand [6.60 %] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep)

Wyeast 1187 Ringwoods Ale (1l starter)

~ 36 IBU
~ 5.6 ABV
IPA, cheese, garlic and onion soup!! So damn tasty, just had some more for lunch and it was even better the next day!!

Recipe found here - http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/group/nzcaseswap/forum/topics/cs5-s...
Classic, so this is how you take booze to work aye!!!
LOL, never thought of that, I personally boiled for 3 mins to evap the alcohol cos I was worried it might clash with the taste, but maybe next time....... haha

But seriously, I had Garlic cheese and Ruination soup at Stone brewing and it was devine, which made me look for this recipe and I swear its pretty damn close to what I had over there!!

Hallertau should put this on the menu with Maximus!! Id buy it :o)
Sound like I'll have to give it a go.
Best Bitter for me tomorrow. Rebrew of my last but different hops and yeast.

3.5kg Maris
0.2kg Melanodin
0.2kg Dark Crystal
0.1kg Amber Malt

15g Southern Cross @ 60
8g each NZ Styrian and EKG at 20, 1 and dry hop

WLP013 London Ale

1.044, 33IBU, 68C mash

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service