Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Got told today wheat beer is traditionally a summer time beverage but cannot find any evidence of this.

Good beer is good beer regardless of the season, surely?

Your thoughts......?

M

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A wheat beer is good anytime IMO. All beers come and go depending on your mood and a wheat is no different in this regard. I can see why people see them as a summer beer though due to the generally 'light' nature of the colour etc', however, a good wheat is rich and complex in flavour so can be good all year round.
Good beer is good beer regardless of the season, surely?

Precisely.

Oh, except for wheat beers which rank along side leeks as the work of the devil himself ... you haven't been tinkering with wheat have you Martin ?
I have this argument all the time...

I agree with you Martin, good beer is good no matter what the season. BUT (does my but look big in this?) regardless of that, it is *perceived* as seasonal. The average drinker seems to think that winter is for dark beers and summer is for light, refreshing beers. While I can understand this perception, I don't agree with it. That doesn't matter a jot though if you're trying to sell it, since perception is king in that regard.

You could always make a weizenbock and please everyone? ;)
We brought PKB Remix out as a summer beer last year - 6.66% hoppy stout! Should have called it Black Hole Sun I suppose (trademark)
In the immortal words of my brother in law "If you can wake up in the morning you can drink beer."

Stands to reason that you can drink whatever beer you want when you want. Think of any seasonal beer brewed in the Northern Hemisphere being shipped to NZ in the wrong season... would you wait for the right season to drink it and risk degrading the quality.... I think not!
OK - I'll put my hand up here. I think my words were 'wrong season', but i guess it's all different shades of grey. As I said to Martin the consumer doesn't lie and sales of Wheats (even Pilsners) aren't strong at this time of the year....

That said, if Ruakura, Malthouse et al would like keg or bottles of Three Piece - let me know...!!!

Craig
Good beer is good beer - and if you are trying to sell beer - a good beer is one that sells. Listen to the customer.
You can change the way people think of course if you have squillions of $. But in the meantime......

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service