Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi folk,

I think I have mentioned that we run a B&B here in Picton and of course we get guests from all over the world who sadly believe that Tui/Steinlager and all the rest represent what NZ beer is all about. I do buy some craft beers from the independant breweries in riggers and try to do a bit of beer evangelism where possible. My question is though, has anyone produced a flyer or give-away guide to NZ craft brews and pubs that we could distribute to put travellers right? As we all know, it would be considered a travesty if visitors to NZ were unable to readily procure famed NZ wines, yet the glorious beers we do have suffer virtual 'black market' status. We all know the tied house problems we have, but a guest tap or two in a pub would help everybody. Anyhow, it would be great if there is some sort of guide brochure that we can lay our hands on because it gets a bit long-winded to try and explain verbatum to each beer lover where to forage for good beer. Any tips most welcomed.

Cheers,

Ian

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kier - Can you add The Wharfside Mapua and The Secrect Garden, Blenheim to this. Looks great, if you want to carry on down the Si, let me know.....!!!! Thks...CB
Wow, that's brilliant, Kier. Just what we need. Now there should be such a thing for the other areas of NZ - down South and up North!
What's the Secret Garden?
kier that is awesome but makes me realise I am definately living in the wrong part of NZ!!!!

Man, I need to move to the top of the south
Can you not make a customised Google map too? I thinkn nzbrewer does it for Epic outlets.
Yeah I use http://tracks.org.nz/ a lot and it's great with google maps
We could have used a customised google map - but .........it would end up looking like a customised google map. The aim behind the beertourism idea is to promote Nelson/Marlborough brewing industry as the arts and wine industries has done.
Not sure we would accept an Albany boy down here Reviled!!!
Pffft, Albany boy? mate, im from lower hutt originally and proud of it ;o) I only mingle with these auckland people, I am definately not one of em!!
sounds like top of the south is where you should be mate!
Can you ring up my mrs and convince her of that? Im allready sold ;o) haha
Bring your missus on a nice cruisy trip to the top of the south - try for good weather - and it'll sell itself I reckon.
As the Speights man says...Good on ya mate!!!
If you ever made it down this way I would even offer to drive you round all our great drinking spots!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service