Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Get your brewing gumboots on the WBC is not to long away!! I have an urge to win this one but I have a feeling that there are a few good brews around, Dry Stout sounds easy but it can be very unforgiving!! Judges are to still to be confirmed. Jo from Liberty Brewing will be down to offer his knowledge and to ask any questions. Remember you dont have to enter to enjoy, its all about beer @ the WBC!!

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

Brewing mine tomorrow. Haven't yet made up the recipe but it will be a mix of
Maris Otter
Roast Barley
Crystal
Nelson Sauvin
Maybe 1968 yeast but I may use S05 to assist a dryer finish
Might add a dash of Epsom salts to get some SO4 in their for a bit sharpness to the hops, has worked well inmy last brew

I'll save my trash talk for later.
I have an urge to stay away from the bottom of this one... Almost ready to brew. Just waiting on Mystery Ingredients X, Y and Z...
Oh oh!! X, Y and Z? What are they? Let me guess a Shamrock a Potatoe and a Leprecon?
Once I work out what X,Y and Z are I'll let you know! Potato mash sounds pretty good tho...
Mine and Steve's (completely out of style) Stout is carbonating in the bottle as we speak. It'll have plenty of time to bottle condition before the comp!
Mine has been fermenting for 5 days and it looks done. I'm off on hols for a week tonight so will leave it until I get back and then bottle, leaving 3 weeks to carb and condition!
I won't be brewing for this one :( Dry stout just isn't on my "To Brew" list at the moment. I'm about 90% through a keg of Foreign Extra Stout at the moment and won't be brewing a Stout again for a few months.

Looks like there are some interesting beers being brewed. If I was going to brew for it I'd be aiming for dry'ish version Towshend #9. Plenty of Roasted Barley, Chocolate, Smoked Malt, not too much crystal and whatever else it is that makes that beer so rich, smooth & delicious. Mmmmm, Number 9, aaarghhhh...

Don't forget, you enter one bottle and you have to drink the rest! Brew what you like to drink, chances are other people will like it too.
Hey - when is this get together again?
31st of Jan from 1pm.
I've decided were doing a Lambic for the next one ... that's how confident I am of my placing this time around :o)
Lambic? Shit that would be a long time in between WBC!! if I lose which I know I will (im not joking) it's going to be a Imperial Hybrid!! No Style just 8-10% Pure good drinking!!! Beer that gives the Judges the biggist 'hard on' wins!!
Can we enter one we brewed a year ago :o)

It gives me wood, and I still have 12 bottles left.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service