Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has it just gone on at the Malthouse?? Hopefully it survives the hoards until Friday...
Exchange Student is going on tap @ Malthouse tonight - I know what I'll be having for my after work beer!
Me too...Had some...
Wow, sold out on the first night! You are going to end up with Luke's problem, too much demand, too little supply!
I found it very sessionable last night at the malthouse - in fact sessionable would be the first word that I'd use to describe it. Pithy, fruity, well balanced... niiiiice. Went really well with the salty hot chips! Need another look, the two pints I had last night were just a warm up.
Green Man Celt
Dug a bottle out of the frige, a Motueka Pale that I did with minimal crystal, a bit of munich, and a touch of carafa III for colour, hopped all the way through from mash to fermenter with motueka...

Apart from it being overly fizzy from either too much priming sugar, or unfermentables being broken down, its quite tasty, I did a slight reduction with some sugar and its made it really malty, but with a nice spicy citrus thing going on from the hops and a decent bitterness to back it all up.. Yum!! I can feel a rebrew coming on, allthough where can I get some motueka hops?? :o(
I recently got 1 Kg of Motueka from NZ Hops - it's a great hop.
Yep, I got some off NZ Hops about a month ago. Finally using some this weekend.
Same got mine from NZ Hops a couple weeks back also Mike @ Brewerscoop has them.
Just ordered 250gms through Liberty :o) Cheers Jo!
Managed to try a Yeastie Boys IPA - His Majesty 2009 (amongst some other great beers at Prenzel tasting last night))......mmmm not a full pint but a great teaser. Only 1200 bottles apparently - get in quick.
Nice label too.

Other standout was Renaissance Stonecutter Scotch ale - very complex, each mouthful was a like a taste journey.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service