Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hydro of my APA i brewed on Sunday - down to 1.016. Fruity and sweet, and very morish Couple more days then I'll add the dry hops.

Football now, to be followed by something Epic at Poms
I hit up the Mikkeller range @ the Hashigo Zake tasting last night. Seriously crazy beers! Highlights include parallel tasting the single hop IPAs (an exrecise in extreme beer-geekery) and the Struise Mikkeller, a seriously insane IIPA. The Jackie Brown and Draft Bear were also quite nice. It was a great evening.
Might pop in for that Struise Mikkeller - I tried it about a year ago and it was insane in a bad way!

the selection there makes me giddy... massive props to the Baird Angry Boy Brown Ale (ABBA???)
I wouldn't say it was bad and I actually quite enjoyed it. A couple of the Single hops weren't very nice at all though. All the the Mikkeller beers all seem, shall we say... challenging. The only one I would happly drink a few of is the Jackie Brown.
130IBU of awesomeness. To me it's an IIPA with something Belgian about it that I can't put my finger on..
@ The Malthouse today:

Twisted Hop Golden Ale (tap)
Townshend No. 9 Stout

Two of the best beers you'll try between now and the end of the year if you get in there now....

In between them I had some Green Flash IPA and it was lacklustre in comparison.
The TH do a Golden Ale? Or is it the Three Boys one?

Didn't see a Golden Ale on tap at the TH when i was there last week, but i was distracted by the RNA and Hallertau Maximus
sorry- Three Boys Golden Ale!
I hope Colin gets a bit Twisted, we don't see enough of that Southern brew in Welly.

How's RNA tasting?
TH have been gracing the handpull at Hashigo, and will again this weekend.
Last night had a Rennaisance- Craftsman. Chocolate, oatmeal stout. I found it rather underwhelming. It had nice chocolate tones with a smooth finish, but it was pretty thin for an oatmeal stout. Almost like they'd overfermented it or mashed it at a lower temperature. Either way I was dissapointed.

On the other hand, I recently tried the Harrington's- Heritage dark. Now it was the complete opposite. Here was a beer that I expected to be a little 'thinner', but turned out to be a really pleasant surprise. Rich, dark ale, with a fuller, smooth palate than I would have expected.
Im drinking my first extract and grain brew (and only my 3rd brew all up) and i have to say that i think it tastes pretty good. Im surprised, cos its like 10 times better than my kit brews i did. They taste like crap compared. The only thing with it is that it seems quite thin and is cloudy as, but other than that im pretty stoked.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service