Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Power of suggestion?
Colin was saying it's got a Belgian style yeast in it. I picked it up straight away which was why I asked. Just looked up their website now and they're marketing it as a Belgian abbey... It's the first C&B I've had.

http://www.cockandbull.co.nz/db/pages/a_standard.asp?aid=-1865464661
heh heh... It's a Luke Nicholas version of an Abbey Ale... clean american yeast, loads of hops!!!

I believe it was a Belgian-style before I evr tried it... certainly not any longer.
When I tried it, it reminded me of a Belgian Abbey Monk returning from a sabatical on the West Coast of the U S and A with a bag full of US and A hops and Clean American Ale yeast. Then snuck into the brewery and brewed this sneaky little beer. Was the monk Luke?
I'm still burping hops 4 hours and a meal later. Quality.

Imperial Abbey Ales, I'm gonna brew it :P
It has nothing to do with me. The first two batches where inspired by Chimay Blue when Ben Middlemiss created it. Once Ben left I gave the recipe a good slap of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Add more hops

The people running the C&B never wanted to change the description of the beer from Belgian style to IPA (even after 10 year of trying), actually it is closest to an American Double Red Ale.
Luke's pretty much spot on. It's never been changed from Belgian style to IPA because it would cost to much to change all the menu's etc.( we have all tried over the years)but I have changed RateBeer.com description. To me it's a bit of a mixture of styles, I call it a International other IPA, its a bit too malt driven for a true IPA. The hops are a mixture of USA and NZ so it does have a nice NZ edge to it.
Don't let marketing get in the way of a good beer
I alway thought it to be a Belgian style ale too and thus never tried it - but it is actually a wolf in sheeps clothing. Will have to give it a try next time...
Just been to the pub for an after work beer or two with my mates. Signs on every horizontal surface for the new Tui Blond so I thought I'd give it a try. I'd like to describe the taste for you but it hasn't any.
Are you Ok? Have a few homebrews and hopefully it will exit your system quicker :D

Let us know if you need a medic ;-)
Plan K from Regionals, a very nice quaffer. I'm looking forward to my Wyeast Achouffe yeast arriving and for the weather to be too warm to brew anything else.

Emerson's Hoppy Porter III (3? Three!) Not much hops on the nose, so possibly moving away from PKB territory. I think they have nailed the balance - I could drink a lot of this. Bought from the brewery; I hope some makes it up here.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service