Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Should I cut them back if theres still a few green leaves? Were moving next weekend so was going to replant mine in the ground.. Should I wait till then?
If you are moving I would dig them out.
It probably wont matter mate, because you are going to dig them up anyway. I take the leaves are dropping off anyway? It might take a bit longer up in Auckland because of our warmer weather, but it wont hurt.
Yeah most of the leaves have dropped off...
Hello all

New to Real Beer and trying to track down some hop rhizomes, anyone got any to sell or trade?
I know someone on Trademe had some for sale.

Probably have to wait a bit closer to spring to find any though.
Cool, thanks for the advice
Hey, anyone got any growth yet? I was pleasantly surprised to see shoots emerging this morning :D
I have transplanting to do tonight, and yes all vines are showing shoots! Score!
I scored a couple of rhizomes off Neville out the Hutt. The smoothcone has two shoots that are about 10cm high and starting to sprout small foliage. The other Rhizome was a german variety and no show from it yet. Neville said it might take a while (I don't think the birds digging it up twice has helped either... grrr)
Really? That pretty much confirms that mine are dead ;o( Stink!!
Have a little dig and see if they've sprouted. If all you find is a dormant rhizome you might want to transplant it into a pot with some fresh potting mix. Keep it watered and inside for a bit and see if perks up.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service