Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I can't believe it's almost that time already! I'm flying down to Wellington next Sunday and will be helping out with the stewarding at BrewNZ. I'll also be working at a couple of Beervana sessions. While I'm in town it would be great to meet up with those of you I haven't already met, as well as the old familiar boozehounds! I suspect I will be spending a fair amount of time at The Malthouse, but I need to pay my respects at D4, Bar Ed etc. too.

In the spirit of modern technology I plan to use Twitter to update on my travels (my Twitter id is mgbridges by the way). Maybe us twitterers could agree on a set of hashtags (#brewnz and #beervana?) to keep each other up to date.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Martin. I will see you there and look forward to a few drinks together. I'm a little IT'ed out these days so I'll go the old-school method and phone you (at a more decent hour...)

Cheers
Craig.
I'm in for a catch up, and will probably be at the same bars!
I'm keen for a catchup too. I'll follow #brewnz.
It has been a great week so far. I'll be at the Malthouse tonight for Mashing In (but that's invite only) but will probably hanging around later when it becomes open to the public. Otherwise I'll be around during the day tomorrow. Will probably tweet my location occasionally. Best time to catch me will be at Beervana on Friday and Saturday - I'll be working the afternoon session on Friday and the late session on Saturday.
Just got home from Beervana session 1. Great arvo and some fantastic beer.

Hightlights for me:

1. PKB off the hand pump
2. Plan K. tried a few belgians this arvo an PK was the best
3. Twisted hop Pils. The sauvin is so creamy and buttery and the aromas so floral and fruity. mmm
4. Outside the box award goes to Hallertau Porter Noir. Beautifully confusing. Is it pinot? Is it beer?
5. Tried a number of IPA's. His Majesty was the most balanced and drinkable, I could do a couple of sessions of that! Armageddon Batch #2 was great. Melissa was good, very homebrewy which I loved, A lot more floral and fruity than I expected. Ninanski Domination was a nice change too, full on tomato vine flavoured hops.

Was a bit dizzy by the end but a great day!!
Well - I had a great evening.

It was really nice to meet a few realbeerers at beervana.

Ged - Sorry it was so brief. I eould have loved to have chatted home brew with you mate. I didn't mean to rush off - you must have thought I was quite rude!

Alasdair - thanks for stopping by and chatting at the stand.

Glynn - funny to meet an Irishman there! Look me up when you next go to Hawera.

James - get into that Epiphany when you feel up to it!

Martin - a pleaseure as always.

Stu - Congrats on the medal... I didn't try any PKB last night... maybe I should have.

Sam - See you next week at the WBC.

Anyone else who I may have forgotton - I appologise, but I was probably to drunk to remember. If I have forgotten you... dont listen to anything I said... probably bad advise considering my blood alcohol level.

Mike and I headed off to the Hashigo Zake bar after beervana - that place looks wicked. It has loads of great looking beer in the fridges. I went to their stand at beervana and had some doub;e dead guy ale... that stuff was nuts. I was drinking it like water, thinking that it was regular dead guy... 20 mins later... WTF???????

It was heaps of fun, and it was cool meeting all you guys.

Cheers.
Hey guys..No sweat Joking,..Appreciate you werre only there for a short time. It was good to catchup and say hello.

No doubt we'll make more of a go next time when you are down south etc.

Cheers

Ged
Martin...Didn't get to say bye properly...Was getting a bit pissed by the end. Sorry.
Mi casa, si cas any time you are in Welly and especially if you come down for the Home brew awards.
Blew my weekend budget on the first night because of all the damn good beer in nearly all the bars we went. The Malthouse is legendary.... I'm coming again as we didn't get out to Bar Ed.

What a great weekend.... I bloody sore now from lugging 20 odd kegs upstairs then walking a marathon over the weekend.... looking forward to putting my feet up, and I'm having a glass of OJ as I am beered out... seriously.

Good to catch up with all of you whom I got to talk.
Thanks to you and Cindy Steph. You did an awesome job. Bet you'll sleep for a week now :-)
My weekend at Beervana didn't go to plan due to being misled by Ged n James, but man was it good. Spent far too much cash, due to too many good beers. Roll on next year.
I see there was more than one "Pot Kettle Black" at Beervana eh.....

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service