Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shakespeare stout was fantastic I thought. Need to source a 2009 Oyster today!:P
Just had two pints of my 'Wrecking Ball' pale ale. Only been in the bottle two days...opps. Motueka hops are intense!
It's been a very exciting beer weekend! Last night was amazing, I had many a IIPA - Luke kept on buying us Armageddon, a good strategy for preventing us from sampling the Hallertau Maximus. When I eventually tried the Maxiumus, it seemed that the beers had swapped from last year. Maximus is a peppery hop beast, while Armageddon is showing a lot more malt through the hops.
Overall I think Maximus was the winner for me, while everyone else seemed to pick Armageddon.
Realbeer mini-meet with Mike Neilson and Joking last night. Good times.

Emerson's M'Lord (damn I love this beer, 3.6% and so ful of flavour)
Tuatara IPA (handpump)
Twisted Hop Challenger (handpump)
Stu's Imperial PKB
Joking/Mike/Reviled's Hoppy Black Beast... not sure of the name but it is 10%+ and outstanding
Joking's ESB
Joking's "Skunkdog" Rye PA (smells like a bag of weed)
Joking NZ IIPA (or was it just an IPA, either way it was very good but has cemented Pacific Gem's order of execution)
Fuller's Vinate Ale 2000
Emerson's Taieri George 2005 (my last bottle)
Twisted Hop Epiphany 2006 (my last bottle)

4 Bar Edward Pizzas. Totally devoured.

Each of us had brewed earlier in the day but nobody hugged a brewer (unless Mike and Joseph were hugging at Mike's place)...
An impressive line up Stu. I was lucky enough to have a sneeky glass of the Rye PA with Joking and Mike on Friday, I was impressed, such a silky texture to it. Great night geeking out with beer freaks, especially winding up with a couple bottle of Gueze, the complete antithesis to being drowned in hops.
I had the Emerson's M'Lord at the freehouse in Nelson yesterday and it was an awesome beer.
Same, but on Friday evening - a very tasty beer. I love that nutty malt taste.
It was a great Night - big thanks to Jeremy for having us. That M'Lord was suprisingly Tasty. I think my Pint lasted about 4 minutes... which is saying something - 'cos I shoul dhave been nursing it!

Thanks for bringing along all those rare treats especially the Epiphany - it was outstanding.

Also - I think I was being a bit anal about the Challenger. It was so good to see it at another Bar on Handpump... It was also very true to style, and in better condition than the bitters I have been drinking at Galbraiths.

Thanks for having me Wellington.
Aventitus for breakfast, what a glorious day this is gonna be!:) Really love that beer but I must admit that by the end of it, the sweet flavours become a bit sickly and I almost struggle to finish the last bit... maybe I'm just soft...:)
Epic Armaggedon, thanks to Geoff Griggs - good work Luke, damn nice beer, very enjoyable. Did anyone else notice the abv of the beer? 6.66%...my lawyers will be in contact shortly ;-)
Tonight I'll be having Brasserie d Vapeur Cochonnette, Delirium Noel, La Chouffe and Mc Chouffe to celebrate Nationale Feestdag (sharing of course). Following will be 3 boys IPA and Renaissance Stonecutter.
Feestdag?
Are you sharing or shearing?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service