Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Martin Bennett of The Twisted Hop asked me this question this morning and it's got me thinking.

Should the term "brewbar" only be used if the establishment has its own brewery (as in "brewpub"), or doesn't it really matter?

Your thoughts please...

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's an English term for a pub (or bar) that sells beers from only one brewery. It's called a "Tied House"!
I think this one might devolve into semantics before it becomes overly useful.
Brew - it's noun vs verb really. Let the battle commence.

Wine bar = get my wife & mother-in-law in one at the same time and that's all they do......!!!
Prize for the most intelligent post ever on this forum!
Interesting discussion - where does this leave Martin Townshend and The Moutere Inn? He's a part-owner of the pub and at the time of purchase it was the only regular venue for his beers - in addition the brewery is only a few KMs from the pub in the same village. Brewpub?

For what it's worth we've never described The Moutere Inn as a brewpub but it does seem to fit some the criteria posted by people here.

This reminds me of discussions in the UK over which is the oldest football club......with different importance given to name changes, insolvency, ground changes......etc. My kind of discussion really......one that deserves to be discussed around a pint of beer in a snug somewhere :-)
I take it you don't agree with our claim then? (apologies for potential thread jack)
Ah.....ok - sorry sometimes tough to see nuances on this t'internet thingy :-)
Dux do still brew on site. They just brew additional elsewhere..
What about something like Redoak? Showcase their own beers but does anybody know where the brewery is? Does it really matter if the beer is good?

I've never been there? Is it really that good? I imagine them being "clean".
Yes the Redoak is good. Very. Also very expensive. And SHIT staff. Staff who with a room of 20 drinkers would rather turn off all the taps and clean them than continue serving beer.
Isn't a "brewbar" different to a "brew pub"? I think bar and pub are different...
Ok, what is the difference between a bar and a pub ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service