Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I thought it would be cool to have a comparison of everyones Red Ales. This is mine after cold break (the wort here is 5 degrees) and is 18 SRM on the button.

I wish I could brew beer this colour all the time - it is really majestic to look at. Maybe I'll do an "Evil Twin"... Evil Dead Red clone...

Views: 386

Replies to This Discussion

perhaps some camera trickery (the yellow light helps).....there is a fair bit of break hovering around in the bottom of the glass too.
Did you hit all your numbers, mate? What was your estimated colour according to beersmith?
yip I hit all my numbers - Beersmith called 15.6 SRM.
Gonna brew mine this week, gunning for 18SRM too ;o)
lets see some more photos!
+1 from me.
Mashing at the mo - will have photos in a few hours, think a fuxored up my estimated SRM for roast barley, mash wort just looks pretty brown. Might have to do those sneaking-some-roast-barley-into-the-sparge styles to get my colour right haha.
You crack me up bro! I'm sure it'll be fine. Mine was as brown as... well... inapropriate... but you get the idea. It was pretty brown... Once things dilute through the sparge, and the hot / cold break the wort gets a reddish tinge on.
Haha yeah, I'm the paranoid type.
Oh well, did a mini steep of some roast barley and added a bit of that to adjust colour, should be pretty close once it's boiled down...I hope.
Stu, where the fuck are you!? Need the SRM or EBC for roast barley haha.
500-600 lovibond. So if you pick out all of the darkest bits you will have about 600, or the paler bits for 500 ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service