Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I knew there was something funny going on! The 2nd one had quite a similar flavour with the nutty and toasty flvour... but the mouthfeel and hop profile was too much different for it to be a split batch.

Both were very nice though - and I'm tasting a lot of ester in the 1st one that I have been getting with my 1469 - which was positive for me, because I'm rather limited in picking up what English flavours are like in a brew.

It was a great little experiment.
I got a little liqourice in my last taste of the bitter... can only be the yeast, surely?
Interesting... I picked up on a cinamon type of spice... I think the 1469 is a lot more different - perhaps unpredictable. I think the liquorice could be some of the dark sugars taken up by the yeast from the Crystal. The Cinamon - probably from the Amber malt.

I loved the Maris Otter in it too. Tasty stuff.
Not wanting to break you from your pliny induced reverie.... but I just opened the bottle of your celebration ale, safe in the knowledge that such actions have been sanctioned.
I would like to temper these comments by saying I've never drunk an Imperial IPA before, not least many decent american beers (I know, get down to the beerstore), although I have tried Anchor liberty ale which is a classic and I recall Goose Island IPA which was great but a british interpretation of the style, but I digress.
I cracked open the bottle and the air filled with exotic ungence of apricot and passionfruit. I could have stalled there and just enjoyed that rare aroma of american hops. Courage I said, onwards. The next few minutes became a bit vague but when I try to recall it seemed almost like a film trailer. You can almost make the voice over yourself.....one man.......one truckload of hops..... to celebrate the birth of his child...... Anyway , I blame it on some infliction caused by the synergy of high alcohol and isomerised alpha acids. The beer started mighty smooth with enough caramel to bridge the gap between the alcohol warmth and the big yet silky bitterness. Awesome beer. Only question is where can you go from here.... Thanks for the experience!
I'm super stoked you liked it..... super super stoked! That was a very poetic, very excellent review.

Thanks!

Cheers, Joseph.
Awwww, I thought that was a reply to my poetic post :-(
Hallelujah!

I'm saving mine for the birth (or at least the onset of labour!).
My liver has now proceced it!! Its a great pint I was a little intoxicated when I drunk it but I do remember thinking man this is alot Bigger than Pliny!! it must be Like what Pliny the Youger is like?
After a couple of my own pale ales...just cracked into a Brakspear Organic Oxfordshire Ale. I gotta start reading the bottles first as this is bottle conditioned and I could have had a crack at the yeast.
Up next...maybe a perfection ale.
La Terrible for me.. Its awesome.. I'm a fan of Belgian style ales.. The bottle is really cool as well (Although its hard to tell from the photo).

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/unibroue-la-terrible/13815/1/3/

Daniel
Shakespeare Stout.

Fucking.

Awesome.

Top notch shit, looking for clone recipe now.
Been lurking for a while but this is my first post.

Just polished off a Leffe Blonde, then a Pitch Black from Invercargill Brewery and now onto my own wheat beer - it's improving nicely with age...stinks of banana, nice head, tastes pretty fruity (a bit more sour than I'd like but that seems to be the way with this WB-06 yeast).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service