Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

This is quite amazing. See attached file (you may need to download it and open it with Adobe Reader)

The sooner this lunacy is challenged and defeated the better!

Views: 2443

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Larry, I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to that question. I can only suggest you contact Wayne and ask him.
If you don't know Geoff then no one does, I will assume that it no longer exists. Cheers.
Ding dong the witch is dead. Which old witch?

I guess nobody can advertise their beer as "award winning" now that those awards don't exist...
More coverage, this time at Draft Magazine in the US.

http://news.draftmag.com/2009/04/15/new-zealand-brewery-trademarks-...

They were a little hard on you, Geoff! :)
Yeah they were! Even though there's a clear disclaimer of the conflict of interest.
Plus, haven't we moved on from bagging people from citing wikipedia - rather accepting that it is a flawed resource and living with it. It's hardly a doctoral thesis.
just sent this through.
Attachments:
:-)
Montieths did a Saison a while ago, 2001 ish as an Autumn special. Suprised if it wasn't trademarked back then.
I was just going to link that! It could stir them up. Good I say. More ammo to show just how ridiculously litigious DB are being.

In other news, crabbey and BeerNZ have informed me that the Dux de Lux managed to do a Radler without any action from DB. This could give grounds for overturning DB's trademark based on nothing more than that they failed to enforce it! ;) Of course, then we're encouraging the very behaviour that led to this situation. Law is stupid. :(
Had a Laugh to myself I was at a New World store only to see them protesting!! 6 Bottles of Green Man Radler taking pride of place on the Shelf!!!
I reckon he purposely wrote this article based on the fact that the trademark exists - and he knows that because it is sold in a big supermarket (who sell a lot of DB beer), they won't go after it. interesting play Mr Hadler. I'm very impressed!

Who have they gone after so far? Green Man (competition) and Beerstore (who don't stock their beer). I have seen Green Man Radler on plenty of New World shelves over the last few weeks... where are the lawyers there?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service