Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I've heard a scary rumour. It's so unlikely I find it almost impossible to believe, but the source was fairly reputable, so any info would be good.

Are Emerson's being sold? Possibly to a large international brewery?

Please say it ain't so!

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, I'm confusing myself. I for some reason thought the Lion takeover happened at the same time as the Shed 22/WBC "conversion". Yeah, you're right. The beers have taken a turn for the worse (in my opinion) post that event. Original Sassy Red was such a breath of fresh air when it came out. Maybe I've been unlucky lately but it's been thin, sweetish, and slightly astringent whenever I've had it recently. Conversely, Hoprocker has been fresh, tasty, and with a nice hop "zing".

I am hoping to get my mitts on some Brewjolais this year. I missed out entirely last year.
It was AWESOME!
The mere fact that this sort of thing could eventuate is a good reason to clone your favourite beers. You may be able to get your hands on them now but that may change. If it does change, you'll be wishin' you could whip one up yourself.

Maybe the next case swap should be an Emerson's clone case swap.
I've always been a fan of Macs, I don't mind admitting (except Gold). I still drink Great White or Hop rocker, as a regular commercial beer (the beer I'm drinking when I'm not drinking a 'real' beer). I went to our local Macs today for lunch, actually to have a brewjolais, but it's coming in tomorrow. I guess I'll have to go in tomorrow then.
Ooooooooooooh this has taken a turn from 'dirty rumours' to letting out our 'dirty secrets'

Shared a jug of Hop Rocker down at Steamship last Fri. Was bearabable. Slightly grainy. Kinda lychee hop thing going on.

Had a sixer of sassy red about 6 months ago. Bland but had potential, would like to get a bottle like Stu mentioned.

Had a sixer of great white a bit before that. Thought it was lacking compared to the locally available imported wheats. Which is kinda sad since wheats don't travel well or last long.

Bought a dozen 'gold' for the garage fridge to share with the old man while working, bearable, sweet, couldn't get it cold enough.

Mac's ginger beer - not too bad actually, still a better ginger 'bite' from Bundaberg.

Mac's Green Apple - haven't had it, saw it on tap at Steamship, thought it was cider, it's a soft drink, would like to try.

All said, I'd choose Mac's/Monteith's over what else is probably in the fridge in those mainstream bars/clubs. And I do think they're good entry-level beers.
Where did you hear the rumour Greig?
I heard the same thing from a good source....
I don't want to drop anyone in it. I was just hoping Richard or Chris might comment and put me out of my misery.
Now I've heard it through a very very very reliable source... looks all set to be signed, sealed and delivered into the hands of the corproates.
Damnit guys, you're supposed to prove me wrong, not agree with me.

Oh well, I'll focus on those upsides. Coming soon: an Emerson's theme pub in Hamilton? ;)
Are you April fooling us Stu? I hope so!
"looks all set to be signed, sealed and delivered into the hands of the corproates."

details please Stu? who and when?
Damn it, How is the take over company? and I wounder if Richard and the likes will still be the brewers? I hope they have just bought the brand!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service