Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree! La Chouffe is wicked nice stuff - testimony to the quality / complexity of that yeast strain.

My 2c is WyEast Saison 3724 is really really good for those pale Belgian Beer styles.
Ya know, sometimes doing people a favour really ends up working in your favour :o)

Just went out to Hallertau for lunch to pick up some malt for Joseph.. Had a Luxe while I was waiting for Steve which was tasting really bready with subtle fruity notes, I was wanting a Marzen but hes taken it off for bloody Mata Manuka :*o(

Steve came out and I told him the malt that Jo wanted, whilst discussing my Port stout which I was told tasted reminiscent of an ash tray with some really intense flavours :o) lol, but he also said his wine maker really enjoyed it as hes into those sorts of beers - each to their own aye.. haha

Steve then came back with two bags of malt, and a sample of the Saison which Joking helped to brew - still cloudy and quite phenolic, subduing the hop character but im sure it will condition out quite nicely - Steve said he wasnt happy with the FG, wanted it alot drier, but hey, it happens..

Highlight for me tho was the Statesman, just went on today so massively cloudy, but then Steve pointed out he dry hopped it with US cascade!!! Awesome!!! I could tell the difference straight away, it had that oily resinous hop aroma to it, it was lurvely and fresh, after a week or two this is gonna be an awesome beer!!!
I like it best when it's like that!

Cheers for running around for me mate.
No worries, I got the melanoiden I was looking for, and free samples :o) What more could I ask for lol..

Actually - I could ask to not be at work for the afternoon :oP but I dont think you can help me with that bahahah
Southern Cross and US Cascade for the win!!! Took a hydro sample of my APA which I dry hopped 3 days ago with 20g of each, and goddamn, its allready smelling like a sweaty, oily citrus tree, and tasting great even at 20*c and warm! Im looking forward to this one..
Speights Porter for lunch :-/ better than the rest of their range, enjoyed marginally but probably only because I really wanted a beer.. Aroma and taste of treacle and slightly burnt malt..
A Mayhem and a Kid Chocolate for lunch at The Malthouse. Both tasting really nice. For those who found Mayhem a little sweet, you may find it not so much this way now that the hop is subduing a little...

Had a cruise around the bays afterwards and popped into Kieran's to see if he needed anything for the Autumn Ales Fest... He's all set to go - there's a few nice tasting beers there. I'll not spoil the surprise by stating what... I'll be there from 8ish. Hope to see a few of you then.
Beer o'clock after ripping up the toilet floor...Just about to taste the Little Red Rooster. Love a vienna lager so have high expectations...
Just tucking in to the very last bottle of my Summer Babe, third beer i brewed and my last extract.

To watch the Warriors game with I've a bottle of my Jan Martense barleywine. Stupidly strong at 10.7% so i'll sip it slowly over the 80 minutes
Well, yesterday I was drinking:
Easter Bunny, Mussel Inn
Dr Gen's Marchfest Ale, Townshend
Fat Lip, Founders
Monkey's Uncle, Monkey Wizard
In The Interests of Science, Golden Bear
Jose's Cerveza Ambar, Tasman
Golding, Twisted Hop
Bookbinder, Emerson
APA, Renaissance
Epic Pale Ale
Poplar Brown, Twisted Hop
Marzenbier, Moa
Pilsner, Three Boys
Challenger, Twisted Hop

There were a few unhappy beers, but over-all I was pleased with the offerings. Biggest disappointment was that the Twisted Hop beers were served in order. When the Golding ran out, they put on the Challenger, and then the other two would follow. Sadly, the Golding only ran out at 8.40pm and the festival ended at 9pm. I thought the Challenger was the best beer of the night and we were robbed :)

Overall, the Marchfest seemed a great success, nice to meet some Realbeer folk on tour.
Drinking my all US cascade APA last night, into the keg and force carbed in minutes cos I was hanging out for some hops! overall really nice, not bitter and quite drinkable with a bit of body but I want more hop aroma! I dry hopped with 35g of Cascade but I should have used either something else or more??? Considering dry hopping the keg? Has anyone done this?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service