Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I love this beer.

I've had two failed attempts at this. Only partly due to stuck mashes in my old mash tun set-up. Avoided this with my recent hefe, so hopefully that issue's sorted.

Clone recipes and methods for this would easily be the widest and disparate that I've seen for any beer. I guess this is testament to its complexity. Am at a bit of a loss thou about which direction to take.

Help...
Tonight - after a warm up couple of pints of Kid Choc at Pomeroys (where i did get briefed that it wasn't popular, which means all the more for me!) a rigger of the Kid C, which just gets better and better. First sip, i thought hmm maybe a bit of a wrong un, but no! Each sip, more flavour and a beer of subtle complexity. Maybe the good folk of Richmond don't like malt? Their loss is my gain
I had a half of this tonight too. It's a lovely drop I'm sorry now that I didn't get a rigger!
Get one tomorrow Rusty.

Good to hear fellas, thanks. Glad you are liking it because I think it is the best thing we've done... It's certainly under a lot of pressure to perform when it is cold and carbonated, everything is against its subtlety, but is really really well made (all credit to Steve Nally, it was definitely the hardest beer Steve has had to make with us so far. He asked me not to go there again but we've got something else low in alcohol up my sleeves for a later date).
You're not contemplating a low-end New Zealand Draught Stu - to wow the mainstream drinking public ?
that was it!
Hey where was the text inviting others to join you? :p Just got home from work and decided to pull a half from my keg of Blonde Joke.... wow it has cleared up amazingly from last week. Very clear... this web cam picture probably doesn't do it justice.

I think it does it perfect justice... Good work!
Thanks for the tips on finings... obviously worked a treat! :)

I'll get some bottles sorted this weekend to send up to you!
I'm glad it worked. There isn't much of a better feeling than pouring your own beer that you want to be clear, and it's like liquid gold coming out of the tap.

Great brewing James...

Cheers!
So what's the secret James? Served at room temp? LOL ;-)

Just kidding, I'm keen to hear your thoughts on how to make a clear beer, certainly looks clearer than my last few attempts.
Hey Mr C. It's served at about 6C as it's in freezer with the pilsner keg, warmed up while in the pint, and the flavours were a little harsher.

Joking's advise was somewhat unconventional, including stripping naked, dancing around the keggle and adding a medieval scorers brew which included beef skin to the fermenter..... I was a little uneasy with the photos, but Joking said it was a necessity?!?

(P.S. It was crash cooling and gelatin in secondary for a couple of days, happy to send you the message from Joking with the steps taken, or maybe Joking can add a blog post with the information?)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service