Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ruakura Campus Club - it's a private club, but always welcomes guests, just has an eye to making members of them! It's had a long history of having great craft beers on, begun by Neale "Doc" Towers in the 80s and continued by Barry Whiteley, Allan Hawkes, Neale and myself. Supported by Craig from BeerNZ, and the awesome bar staff who encourage people to try the beers.

The selection is usually on the "On Tap" sidebar on the SOBA website.
Sounds choice as.
Two strikes from Zymergy. Get down to discover its closed -bar manager is sick allegedly. Going to steal a lead from Kempicus and say that its dead to me.

Twisted hop with some nice Emersons IPA on the guest tap and some dodgy tasty Challanger. Butterscotch and a blue cheese creamy nose didn't feel right, but i usually drink Golding so maybe its just my tastebuds.
Now relaxing with some of my home brew before i broach the aforementioned Pale Ryder and perhaps the Mayhem
David Byrne last night - what a show. A feast for the ears and eyes.
A couple of Belgian Brown Ales and a 21yo Balvenie calmed me down afterwards...
Just had a friend tell me how good the show was, will try to drown my envy by finally broaching that le Pere jules cider!
Yeh, I've had an amazing run of great gigs over the last 5 years... two songs in I just couldn't see this show keeping up the standard. The sound was a little flat and the songs low key (though Byrne's voice was strong and clear). Two hours later I was shell shocked. It was quite different from any other musical performance I've seen, and what a great crowd. I'm not sure MFC would have ever seen so few people sitting.

Hope you enjoyed the cider...
Oh yes, the cider was fantastic. Shame my effort isn't anywhere near as good...for the time being.
Steve Nally was telling me that there is a quite complex fermentation regime for cider in France. It has a name, can't remember it right now, but it is along the lines of the triple drop system.
Had the pleasure of Moa St Joseph's yesterday. A gorgeous dense head of tiny well-formed bubbles...I was suitably impressed. The taste was refined and blind I would guess it was a true Belgium. If you haven't had it yet - try some.

Also had Paradox, both in bottle and off the tap. The bottle smelt lovely...orangey marmalade but the taste wasn't quite up to it. Off the tap it was plain dull and somewhat watery. It just wasn't worth it.
Good points re the Paradox. I was drinking it the other week and decided it was thin and watery and maybe a little like a thin cabbage soup or something. There was a vegetal thin-ness about the whole thing.
First couple of times i had it in the bottle it was great but since then its been rapidly downhill
I'm not sure I got cabbage. Mine tasted of fresh wheat - green like it was just picked off the plant. Or like just sprouted grass-seed. Both smells and tastes I remember from primary school!!

Def agree with Will J below that the Little Creatures is a tasy brew. There is often something almost Turkish delight about it...Yum
Myself and a few mates went to the Twisted Hop last night. Had the Challenger (SB), Twisted Ankle (a Black), the Sauvin Pilsner, their Honeydew beer and a wee bottle of Little Creatures' Pale Ale. All yummy, although the Honeydew was pretty watery and needed more honey. I liked the Twisted Ankle the most, mind you i do like my beers dark. the Little Creatures PA was nice, awesome hoppiness and the right amount of crystal bodiness, slightly over carbonated. Neil our mate has been over in WA for summer and said their Beer halls are fantastic.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service