Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Sorry for jacking everyones threads and going off topic.

Feel free to jack this thread - or use this thread if there is someone pissing you off because they just jacked your thread.

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, a couple of beers and I won't be able to use it at all. It's actually putting me off using it.

Is anyone else having frequent browser crashes or is it just me?
I would have to agree on occasion when accessing the RB forum FireFox throws a Microsoft size fit.
All right! Right on! - I'm with you on that one bro!

Experiwheat could be looked at as an American wheat!!

All you craft brewers out there...?

Imagine being a trend setter!
I'm thinking American Wheat grain bill and maybe a little less than an IPA hop bill. Might work, might not.

Fuck, I just choked on my bitter and spat a mouthful all over myself. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
I'm going to second the wheat, assuming an experiwheat is the same as a hefe or a wheat with fruit. Does that count as two choices? In that case, wheat with fruit.

Speaking of wheat, my boss, who is German and keeps telling me i should be brewing lagers, said that a wheat beer would be the ultimate test of my brewing skill. The gauntlet has been thrown down. Anyone got any wheat recommendations? Sorry for the slight topic digression
I can't see there being any regard for digression in this thread!! :)

I second that request, except I don't want to make a hefe as the bananas drive me ape.
..."ape"

...excuse the pun!
To buy or brew Ally?

If brewing:

50 - 50 wheat malt - barley malt to about 1.045

Single infusion mash @ 67

Noble hop, 60 min addition only, to about 11 IBU

The most important part - WLP300/WY3068 @ constant 17C. Don't under or over pitch either.

May not be the best wheat but should be a good place to start, managed to get me, and pretty amateur brewer at that, to get a bronze and best in class in the last NHC.
To brew. I was thinking half and half, but cheers for the recipe. I'm a bit stuck on the yeast S04/S05 and some nottingham is all I've got, so my wheat might need to wait a bit.
Plus I'm strictly a partial mash man until i get my mashing sorted. But i'll use yr suggestion as a starter once i do go AG,
Emersons use some good weizen yeast - I dont know if you have a starter kit, but you can easily culture enough good yeast from one of their bottles. Last time I heard of a friend doing this, the beer was so fresh that the yest started within hours of pitching it into their starter

Good old Emersons.
ive used the emersons dunkelweiss yeast before and got a pretty nice drop out of it (not that im a big fan of wheat beers)
That'll be my next again brew lined up. Might need to use some liquid extract instead of AG but I'll grab a bottle of Emersons at the supermarket and cultivate some yeast from it.

Thanks for the tip - appreciate it

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service