Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New World Vic Park
The Wine Vault
Barabra (Princes Wharf)
Do they have it now Luke, or is it coming in this week sometime?
possibly by the end of the week. I am waiting on actual confirmed time and date to pick up the labels, then it will be when we can run them through the labeler at the brewery.

Expecting labels Tuesday some time, hopefully am.

I will start posting outlets as I know they have Mayhem
Any bottles or kegs heading down Christchurch way?
Bottles will be - no kegs unfortunately....
There are no kegs left, all allocated, soon only the Malthouse will be the exclusive place with kegs on.
Luke. What will you be serving at Kumeu: Keg or Bottle?

See you there.
Bottle - Lager, Pale Ale, Mayhem
Moa 5 Hop Winter Ale - yeast sweet malty mess with a muddled hop nose. Doesn't do it for me at all.
Young's Special London - my first attempt since the brewery changed. Sweaty and stewed but otherwise well balanced and reasonably drinkable.
I just had 2 of Mike Neilsons beers. Now I'm way not fit to drive. Big beers... big balls. I'd never brewed a 1.070 smoked porter or a 1.100 Russian Imperial Stout, but it's nice to be able to drink some beer like this as it takes a hell of a lot of cajones in the first place. Thanks Mike for getting stuck in, elbows deep to brew this stuff.

I'm not gonna get into specifics, but this stuff is pretty damn good. I couldn't drink a lot of it at a time (you dont need to with those gravities!)

Tomorrow is the Smoked Imperial Stout, I'm not up to having it tonight. Beers like this should be savoured. It's got me thinking about bottling again. This is the type of beer that should be bottled.

Cheers.
I'm at the other end of the spectrum, pint of hallertau blande ale, 1.040 and nice a floral lemon, not too tart and sensibly matched with some fish for dinner
Other end of the scale also I pint of American IPA. I might say a little green apple on the nose but un sure if it is Acetaldehyde I dont think it is, but more so combination of hops will see. Nice and dry and highly hopped!! Wont last long. Also first effort at finning in the keg has made a huge diffrence only a few more weeks and it will only suffer from the slightest of chill haze me thinks. S-05 gone up one belt notch, a few to go.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service