Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I just wanted to throw out some praise to the Yeastie Boys. Since they’ve hit the scene I’ve been nothing but impressed with what they’ve done in quite a few areas

First of all I applaude the innovation to contract brew at Invercargill using beervana as a springboard to launch the brand….minimum risk and maximum exposure, great stuff!

The beer:
It’s great, it’s interesting, well thought out, well brewed with good ingredients and damn tasty!

The Attitude:
Openness to share recipes….what’s that about? Whatever it is it’s a great thing to do! Stu’s openness to share knowledge and answer questions, everybody wins!
Lack of compromise on flavour…speaks for itself, the beers are full of flavour and I continue to be impressed.

And my final mad prop….information thank god we finally get constant updates on where beer can be bought, drunk or bathed in!

My only gripe is why can’t we just get all this great beer all the time? I’m eagerly awaiting March for the next instalment!

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Limburg is a classic example of never quite reaching critical mass. Making fantastic beer, which everyone tried and raved about but didn't drink huge quantities of.

It didn't help that every time I found a place to drink it in quantity, they'd bloody take it off tap! The most dodgy munt sports pub in Hamilton (Kempicus knows the one...) used to be great. Hopsmacker on tap, always tasting fantastic. And I'd just got a whole bunch of friends drinking it, turning over kegs quite quickly, and then it vanished. Those same friends do at least now drink COPIOUS quantities of Epic PA (you've met Jamie, Luke, he and about 10 of his friends/co-workers pretty much empty Hillcrest NW of Epic PA on a weekly basis) and love it. They still miss Hopsmacker though. As do I. Sad panda. :(

Is the answer places like The Malthouse who basically cater only to the beer drinker who "gets it"? If we try to promote that, we get accused of being snobs! It's enough to make you gnaw your own foot off.

Also: lobby your MP to introduce a proportional excise tax for brewers. Then that pint of craft brew need not seem so ludicrously expensive next to the pint of Lion Red.

Sorry if this is a bit rambly and unfocused. Excercise and low blood sugar rather than beer. ;)
Mmmmm the cardiff arms, pokey machines and sticky tables.....loved it!
Denim, If you like that idea, keep an eye out for 666 Brewing as the same sort of thing is coming... that guys going to blow you away. If you want a feel for what his beer might be like - or what they might not be like - check out Murray's Brewing on Ratebeer...
Will do, cheers!
And here's an old Russian Imperial Stout recipe of his (Graeme Mahy is Mr 666) that might interest a few of the RIS fans out there...
Damn straight. Graeme is a legend. Hamilton boy you see. ;) Well, kinda...
Thanks Greig (and Stu) - I hope I can live up to your expectations!

The first beer (Gabriel, see below) will be out on Friday 30th - on tap at The Creek (formerly Black Creek), Blenheim and Golden Bear Brewery, Mapua

Greig - A keg will be heading to Ruakura next batch....

GABRIEL does not fit neatly into any beer style category. Best described as a PALE ALE or APA (Aotearoa Pale Ale!), GABRIEL (4.8% alcohol/volume) is a straw to pale golden colour, with a sweet, biscuity malt base and, of course, a good dosing of New Zealand’s finest aromatic hops, giving an enticing aroma and flavour of gooseberry, citrus fruit and a hint of peach.
Sounds bloody tasty mate, will any be making its way to AKL?
Eventually it will be, my brother lives 5 min walk away from Hallertau so I guess that may be the first stop! Will be working with Craig (BeerNZ) to get it around, so any 'demands' should be directed to Craig.
Yum, sounds like Golden Boy. the Chch boys would like to see it I'm sure.
Surprising similarities but obvious differences! (even to the point that we both have a 'real' job with brewing on the side!) Great minds...? I wonder if they will ever get tasted 'side-by-side' (Stu - bring a sample next time youre passing through Blenheim)
Dont you hate them 'real' jobs :o(

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service