Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Sorry for jacking everyones threads and going off topic.

Feel free to jack this thread - or use this thread if there is someone pissing you off because they just jacked your thread.

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A lot of it is carbonation and temperature. I reckon it's pretty impossible to approximate the "experience" without a handpump and cellar temps. Try as I might. I've gotten close, but never nailed it.
Galbraith's beers are very very lowly carbonated - even at the low end for cask beer. i like it this way. When the beers are really good they are amazing, the best in the country for me.

In saying that, I felt awful the last time i was there- - I returned a beer (and I'd returned one there almost exactly a year ago, since I'm only there a couple of times a year it felt like I was the CAMRA quality inspector). Last time it was the dregs of a cask - I got the first pint of the next and it was outstanding. This time I changed to another beer - the munich - and that was in mighty fine form.

I'm not so sure you need a handpump but there's no better feeling than pulling a pint of your own beer on your own pump in your own home...
Dont tell me you've got one...?
Tell you the Honest truth No Bitter tastes the same out of a keg and C02, and I think we are kidding ourselves if you think you can brew a Bitter and have it taste the same as a english brewed bitter.
Barry and Mike

This bar is pretty damn close!!!

http://realbeernz.ning.com/photo/1500433:Photo:506
I brewed up a simple one for my recent b/day. 11.5 liter batch and transferred it to a 12.5 liter 'chilly bin' thing shaped like a keg (with one of those small push button spigots) that I got from the Warehouse. Conditioned it with just a wee bit of DME for 7 days in the coldest room in the house. The carbonation was spot on, the overall flavour was nice. However, I'm sure I could detect a wee bit of plastic in the taste. All of my English mates at the part loved it. However, they were pretty well gone by the time I opened it up.

Here's the only photo I have of it. The first pint was rather cloudy (as you can almost see in the photo) but it was really clear after that.

It almost worked, so I might give it another go.
Attachments:
Sorry, just realised how massive that photo is!
nothing like free beer to make an englishman happy... nice one Nolen.
Sounds like a challenge...
Three actually ;-) Mint condition.
I know, and you know you dont need 3! Two, maybe.
I noticed at the Homebrew Comp party at Bar Edward last year a few of you guys had beer pumps. Where did you fellas get them from? I'd love to add one to my toy box.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service