Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

McChouffe Bruin, have a merry christmas y'all
Drinking one of the last 5 bottles of Limburg Porter that I found hidden away at a bottle store. They weren't even on the stock list so I bought 'em for $4 each, tasting pretty good too.
For the Boxing Day Test and 20 20, 2 Emersons APA, 2 Bookbinders, 2 emerson Pilsners, Ren APA and Pale Ala, O' Haras Stout, Nice!
wish i could find a limburg oude reserve! had it at brewnz but would love to try it again!
Just checked out the ratebeer entry....that is one of the most ridiculous ratings i've ever seen! 2.9/5....random!

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/limburg-oude-reserve/50586/
Bambules Oatmeal Stout (roast for xmas), Hook Norton Brewery: Old Hooky, Double Stout, Haymaker and 303ad. Some wlp300 Hefeweizen ala JoKing and who could overlook the Epic. Kreik Boon, Coopers Sparkling Ale and finally some 7.8% 90 simethingish IBU IPA. num nums...

Happy Boxing Day/night.
Harviestoun Old Engine Oil... went down very well last night. If you like deliciously complex and understated beers like the Traquair ales, then you'll like this one too..

Mixed some Invercargill Boysenberry with my own Ginger Beer last night, pretty good. I think the 50/50 split was the best combination, which is unsual (usually 50/50 mixes don't quite work for me). I've been mixing all sorts with the Ginger Beer. A dash of Imperial Stout goes down an absolute treat! And it settles to the bottom of the glass, which reminds me of "traffic lights" from when I was a kid.

Smokin' Bishop in the fridge for tonight. Might go a couple of ciders too, as I picked a few up from Regionals recently.
On the menu for tonight...

- a rigger of Golden Bear IPA
- another Jeroboam of Moa Original
- a bottle of Fullers Vintage Ale (1999 vintage)
- three different versions of Ola Dubh from Harviestoun.
(The latter are the brewery's Old Engine Oil that has been aged in casks formerly used to mature Highland Park 12 Year Old, Highland Park 16 Year Old and Highland Park 30 Year Old and were given to me in London in May, by Owen Barstow, Michael Jackson's former PA).
For more information see http://beeradvocate.com/news/1198101

Here's to 2009!
Golden Bear IPA? who brews that?
Golden Bear is Jim Matranga's brewpub at Mapua (near Nelson).
I stopped in the Golden Bear Brewery on Saturday night and had tastes of the IPA, the Kolsch, and the Stout before settling on a rigger of Stout. Looking forward to eenjoying this tomorrow night. I didn't have a lot of time unfortunately but it looked like a great set-up and good to find another micro-brewery in the neighbourhood. Looks like it's time to get a group together and a sober driver :)

I was a little disappointed with the low turnout from the locals, but hey - it was Valentines night...
just had a schneider weiss with sauerkraut and weisswurst...a little late in the day for a breakfast sausage but what the hell.
In the fridge,
Emersons APA
Maredsous brune
Hook Norton hooky bitter
hooky gold
old hooky
Orkney Dark island
Steve Baker brought his family around for a few beers and a bounce on the trampoline...

Moa Original
Le Pere Jules Brut (cider)
Emerson's Agent 009
Yeastie Boys Imperial Stout Porter Black IPA thingy trial #1
Steve's Alt

I sent him on his way with a baby bottle of White Labs 500 and a Smokin' Bishop... (He was a bit scared of the Te Mata Irongate!)

Then my bro arrived and we sampled a few beers while I made dinner...
Mata Feijoa
Green Man Strong
Green Man Whisky Bock
Maredsous Bruin
Maredsous Tripel
Moa St Joseph's Tripel
Mata Artesian
A second sample of Yeastie Boys Imperial Stout Porter Black IPA thingy trial #1

Then we tested White Labs 500 against 550.

Bro went home with one of each of the Mata beers and some of my homebrew... and I grabbed myself a third helping of Yeastie Boys Imperial Stout Porter Black IPA thingy trial #1... listened to some of my favourite music of the year... went to bed with my contact lenses in.

I'm a bit slow this morning but I'm still wishing I had some Ola Dubh...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service