Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Went to a newly opened speights ale house here in palmy and had a pilsner, was surprisingly nice - malty with a sauvin kick. didn't realise speights made such a nice beer!

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They make some good ones. Speights Distinction is another good one and their Summit is a very pleasantly refreshing summer beer.
Really? I'll give you that the craft range is good, but the Summit? I poured out the rest of a free sample. It was sugary nasty vileness. Hateful stuff.
Summit is truly vile.
I'm to scared to try it! export 33 and steinlager pure were bad enough....
I'll drink them to quinch a thirst when out, however I will not pay for them.

Work has started to buy me emersons occasionally!
I'll try them so that i can ratebeer them but only if i don't have to pay!
OK, OK guys, I'll certainly grant you that the Summit doesn't rate all very highly, but a chilled one as a thirst quencher on a hot day works for me before I get into something to savour. I guess it's something you are likely to find on tap here in the SI. But the Distinction I still hold is a worthwhile beer. We can also get Emmersons most places, though not on tap much up here in Picton, and Renaissance is just 20 minutes away, so we aren't hard done by for choice. The local Supervalue also keeps a large range of inported stuff and some of the Fullers range, Duvel and heaps besides, so a bloke can enjoy a pretty balanced diet.
Cheers,
Ian
Cheers,
Ian
I used to think Distinction was OK, it's really very very sweet though. More hops please Mr Speights. I still rate the pils and the porter. Summit I'd rather use to water my garden. That's what it's for no?
According to the ads you might be right....
your spot on Barry, distinction was a big let down last time I drank it on tap. all sweet and cloying.been 'optimised' to death. Summit is an exercise in marketing a commodity. as if they give a shit about nature.
summit is without a doubt one of the worst beers on the market. it starts off watery and insipid and by the time you're halfway through you would swear someone pissed in the bottle

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service