Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm looking for a mill to buy, Inibrew supply have stopped supplying the Monster mill, MM2.

anyone know where I can get one from in NZ?

Views: 574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dunedin Malt House had one a couple of weeks back, but it is not up on their web page. Worth a try though. 

Brewerscoop had some a short while ago.

I just got my MM2 direct from monster brewing hardware in the US. I think it was around $300 all up with base and hopper and with a 1/2 inch drive shaft.

yeah there is a lot to be said for the 1/2 inch drive as its easy to get a large 300mm pully with 1/2" internal   If you buy a cheaper mill with smaller shaft and want to add a motor you will spend a bit solving this issue as the largest pulley i could find for my 2 roller mill was a 6" without adding a sleave.  or buy a $29 drill from bunnings like I ended up doing....  one day I will upgrade to a 3 roller as have the 1400rpm motor...

Thanks guys, Paul it might need to be the way it goes, I'd like to support local business of some sort but, if not then let it be the case.

mines a barley crusher or a copy I found one that looks exactly like it on alibaba for either usd 66 or 88 a bit back trying to see if i kept a link, normally do but cant find at the moment....

bingo it wasnt alibaba   this site has a lot of cool stuff

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/malt-mill-grain-mill-home-b...

type "home brew mill"

If you get the mill I can supply the hopper as I bought it in a panic when I thought I couldn't get my system to work in the shop! It is the one to fit the 3 roller...

Well it looks like the one I have, I will take a photo/s tonight and upload.  

Issues the shaft is not 1/2inch thus finding a big pulley is hard work, the small nuts screws in hopper come loose (replace it with a cut down water bottler cooler thing...  i ended up getting a $29 drill from bunnings to drive it.

positives - it has caused me no issues so far I like it but would prefer being able to use the 1450rpm type motor I have so I could just throw in the grains and hit go vs have to double load and hold drill.

I have put a few bags through it for myself and others and there is no noticeable wear and the internal bearings seem strong.

That'd be awesome if you could peter, whats it like to use?

Mate has one of those. Got some grain from him the other week nice crush seems solid. We just used the handle.

yeah, looks very similar to the monster mills, with slightly different hopper etc.

when peter uploads a couple of pics, i'll make a decision, and get on my next payday. 

Boy karl is gonna make some cash from me.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service