Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

hey guys

I´m sitting on a assignment for uni - a business plan - and for that case decided to open up a beer bar. Therefore I´m wondering what do you, as really beer interested folks, think about German beer? Would you go to a bar mainly serving German beer?

Would love to hear your thoughts...

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love German beer, wish there was more choice in NZ and would certainly go to a bar serving mainly German beer in fact i'd rather go to that than a Belgium bar....
German themed pubs seem to do pretty well in Sydney....
Definately would go to a German beer bar, so long as it had a decent range of quality beer. Some of my favourite beer styles are German, those guys sure do have some great beers :-)
Certainly would. I'd like more than just the beer though, good German food, atmosphere, beers for drinking in quantity as well as beers for sipping in contemplative enjoyment... Hold the Oompah band unless it's made up of real Bavarian brass players, and even then, use sparingly. ;)

Would love to see some good representatives of seldom seen styles here, like Kolsch, Alt, Dortmunder, Berliner Weiss (for breakfast?), Marzen, Bock, and maybe even some Bamberg Rauchbier.
I'd agree with this.

Also any country that has a good selection of micro/craft breweries would be a good theme IMO, as long as there is a good selection of beers available. America, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany would be the big ones for me.
What are you talking about oompah bands are awesome!!!
Hey Niara,

I'd definitely go. In fact, we have one in Christchurch. It serves Hofbrau Munchen on tap and has a good selection of bottled beers.

The food is pretty important too
For sure. I'd be there.

And the non-beer-geek Wellington folk also agree here: http://wellurban.blogspot.com/2007/03/drink-of-month-wheat-beer.html (is it Ed who is commenting there as the anonymous brewer???).

Got to have good pretzel and sausage though.

And a decent range of beer, not just a couple of pilsners and a token weizen.
Thanks guys thats awesome getting so many replies. So I should definately think about adding the food stuff then. Would not play the oompah music all the time ;-) but guess it would be nice doing some special events during the Oktoberfest period. Would you like to get the beer served in original German litre beer jugs?

@ Rusty Chch: do you know the name of that bar in Christchurch serving German beer? That would be really helpful. Is it a German beer theme bar or do they just serve it among others?
If it is the place near The Twisted Hop then you should look at their loos for your business plan - that's one awesome sh!tter.
Gah, not all germans drink beer out of steins... :) I'd love to see Kölsch in NZ, I think Moa does one right? I still really miss it after living in Cologne for 3 months about three years ago :( Actually that's something to put up on the to-brew list...
Mata do a Koslch (Artesian). I've never tried Kolsch on Cologne but the Artesian has been excellent each time I've tried it,
Ah, right Mata, thanks! Might need to keep on the lookout for 'em :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service