Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It isn't a really sweet crystal and has some dry biscuitiness if you chew on a few grains, sort of a halfway malt. I guess you could liken it to home toasting malt where you soak it in water for an hour first. What I have read about it seems to support it being a bit toasty, although this isn't all that clear.

I plan to do a pale ale with just 10% carared on top of the base malt to really get a handle on the flavour. If that works then perhaps 20% :-P

Good to know. I will look at this also then

Cheers

Hey dudes and dudettes,

I've had decent success in the past making SMaSH beers in the past with Golden Promise, do you reckon I could get away with it with Malteurop NZ Pale?

In the past I've made them to about 40 IBUs, mostly late-hopped. Anyone out there got much experience working with Malteurop like this?

I wanna make one with my recently acquired stash of Amarillo(!)

Why smash when you can single hop with a malt bill that will showcase the hop? Don't waste the amarillo on a malteurop only beer!

Oh only because I've really enjoyed my Golden Promise smashes...  GP, mashed high, seems to have enough body to carry it off. Not the case with the Malteurop?

In that case, got any clues for a malt bill that will make 'em shine? I'm thinking about 1.050, 40 IBU party drinking.

Add about 3% pale crystal to give it a bit of a backbone yet not detract from the hop.

Sweet as, mash around 68-69?

I usually do 67 with that grain bill.

Sweet as!

Of course, now I'm thinking, "Well if I'm not doing a SMaSH, why not adding some carapils, and maybe some wheat malt?"...  

Gahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Okay how's about this?
97% Malteurop
3% Pale Crystal
mash @ 67
1.5g/l Amarillo @ 10m, 0m, dry
60m up to 40IBU
Ferment with 1882 Thames Valley II (because it's to hand) @ 17, rise to 21?

just to drop a random comment; has anybody used rice? do you calculate the dry weight the same as other malts? what is the maximum percentage is used to lift gravity overall but keep body very low?

any help good

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service