Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tonight had Epic Coffee & Fig and a few Largers at the MH i know what im asking Santa for this christmas and one more pint of a Homebrew Rye IPA DH with Nelson Sauv and Kohatu before bed

Tuatara Pils, while brewing. Smells and tastes like they've changed up the hops in this, I'm picking Riwaka with a big tropical hit on the nose and palate? Really liking it, will definitely be drinking more of this over the summer!

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA was the latest one in the glass for me at House on Hood... What a treat that was :)

Just had the Larger. Nice effort Epic. 8.5% and no shitty alc burn coming through. Very nice!

A couple of 'early christmas day' pales.
I was disapointed not to find Digital IPA at moore wilsons yesterday so picked up a tuatara APA, the new one, NZ hopped.
Unfortunately, like the original US hopped version, the bottle didn't live up to the tap version, a bit harder, harsher, less apparant later hop character. Good but not great in the bottle for me.
Second up when the rellies had gone, an NZ Pale from 232 brewing, Matthew in Tawa. Very similar, but softer and more apparant later hop and a bit fruitier. More drinkable on a sunny afternoon. Cheers chap

Had some beers with great company at House on Hood (Monday night) and Gothenburg (Tuesday evening)... Golden Bear Helles and 666 Gabriel B were the picks. Two outstanding summer quaffers that are well worth hunting out.

Had The Glenlivet XXV with Richard emerson on the Monday night... I generally love the whisky out of this distillery but found the oloroso sherry character so dominating in this one that it ended up coming across a bit like someone had put a dash of muscatel in my whisky.

Loving Tuatara Pilsner at the moment, readily available, awesome price, firm bitterness and fruity aroma! Yum.
Does that mean you still haven't been brewing ?

Sadly yes JT, got a brew planned for the new year.. Just been so busy with work its consuming all my brewing and drinking time - but at least these days I can buy things like Epic and Tuatara at my local to tide me over :o)

Your a very lucky man Tyler!! Epic and Tuatara!! The Best I reacon but I am biased

Had a bit of a ding dong with a bloke today on the job  thinking he was going to take a swing thought it would be best to keep an eye on his hands , couldn't help but notice a couple of funky bottles sitting on the coffee table to the left of him and i had to ask him you about to have a beer bro. after a few words and a bit of negotiating im sitting down with the bloke and drinking a glass of Westvleteren 12  what a bloody nice beer asked him where he got it from and he laughed and told me to start saving then start looking. shared another Westvleteren beer can't remember the name but it had a blue cap and i was feeling a little tipsy what a day .Better finish off this glass of Green Man Radler and hit the sack

Saison Dupont. Might have to get in on the next liquid yeast purchase... or beg Fermentis to make a dry saison yeast.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service