Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ive been thinking recently that dried spray malt is excessively overpriced here in NZ and seeing as the only brand that we can seem to get anywhere is Brewcraft for half a kg at $10!!!!!

Ive found a place in Aussie that sells a 20kg bag of dried spray malt for $101AUD plus postage, which works out to $2.75AUD per KG!!! Massive savings!!!

Wondering if we could get enough people to do an order? I mean, if we got 10 people after 2kg, its only gonna cost about $6aussie dollars plus shared postage, waaaaaay better than $20 per kg!!!

Any takers? Let me know.

Cheers

Views: 795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm keen for at least 2 kg.

Cheers.
Do you have an estimated freight cost?
I'd be keen for 2 kgs provided freight to Chch doesn't blow out the price
Ive just got total freight costs back, its damn excessive, but becuase im going to the supplier works out cheaper for the actual product. Get this, 20kg light dried malt - $72.80AUD, freight - $182.85, so it works out at $12.75AUD per kg, which is still a saving, but not as massive as I would have hoped... Would work out to about $15NZD per kg give or take exchange rates...
Is that the freight cost quoted by the supplier? Don't they have any cheaper options? It sounds like that's the fastest air mail rate.

I used to get packages of 10 - 20kgish from the states and that would only be like 40 - 60 USD or something airmailed.

Maybe see if you can work out the freight on this side and get the freight company to pick it up from them maybe.
Forgive a naive question, but what's the advantage of spraymalt over normal malt extract anyway?
That was quoted by the supplier, apparantly its 20kg of goods plus the packaging, which puts it over 20kg just, which is too heavy for Australia post... So this is through some courier company or something.. I might look into options from my end...
I would be keen for 2KG or so. Maybe more. Looks like there are people interested so far, maybe if you can sort out cheaper freight then more people will jump on board.

20KG by sea freight shouldn't be very expensive, take a couple of weeks maybe to get here but the saving will be huge.
Whos a good sea freight company? Wouldnt mind waiting a little longer...
There are a number of providers, however http://www.oneentry.com/quotes/cargo.htm
may cut down the running around.

Otherwise what city are you getting the goods from as you will be able to find frieght forwarders in that locale.
Ill have a look at it... The company's based in Melbourne, so will look into some options and keep everyone posted.

Cheers
May be my maths is off, but isn't a 20kg bag for 101AUD = 5.05AUD per kg (101/20= 5.05)? That's about 6.50NZD/kg. Still not a bad price mind.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service