Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Liberty brewing no less.  But I just checked the website and they appear to be out.  Give Joe and email and find out when he'll be back in stock.

No need... I'll restock it on my next order.

Should be in stock within a fortnight.

sweet,i'll order some when you get it in

I am going through my stocks trying to think what would be good. Nevermind the imperial measurements. Being in the US, I have to order stuff in lbs and ounces.) So, here we go:

93% 2-Row (14lbs or 6.36kg)

3.3% Carapils (.5lb or 227gm)

3.3% Oats (.5lb or 227gm)

Mash @ 60c for 30mins

Mash @ 68c for 30 mins

I have a boat load of Citra, Cascade, and Amarillo, and a bit of Sauvin. This is where I need some advice. I am guessing this may go well.

60 Min .5oz Citra

30 Min 1oz Citra

15 Min 1oz Citra

0   Min  2oz Citra

Dry Hop 2oz Sauvin. After fermentation I may add some peach extract.

What do you think? Would Citra go well with the peach? I want it to still be a bit hoppy, but not quite the hop monsters I usually brew. Maybe Amarillo would be interesting to mix in with Citra? Also, is it worth while for me to mash at two different temps?

Nah dont mash @ 60 waste of time, I would just mash at the level of fermentablity you are after, I reacon Amarillo would be a nice touch with the citra but I wouldnt use much say a 1/4 of the amount of Citra so like 1/2oz of citra and a 1/4oz each of Sauvin and Amarillo, I reacon it would be pretty Killer
Also Send some citra to me say about a 2 pounds
Mike, I will be travelling back to NZ for a bit in Sept/Nov. Let me know if you want me to bring some Citra. It will be pellets, so I reckon MAF would not be upset.
Oh hell yeah dude I dead keen my supply of Citra has dried up so I would love for ya to get me some!! Awsome you have made my day!! I knew I kept this 1kg of Simcoe for something

The other day I drank an Emersons Dunkelweiss. I still can't stop thinking about it, what a revelation! That is a serious beer!

I'm pretty keen to attempt to clone it, according to the website this is what's in the beer....

"Canterbury lager malt, German wheat malt, crystal, caramunich, then finally caramelised and roasted wheat to complete the malty depth of flavours."

Anyone experienced out there who's drunk it, and might have an idea of percentages, and IBUs?

Nice beer eh.

I've bought sacks of Gladfield Pils before that were marked for Emersons, so that's your Canterbury lager malt.

Wheat should be around 30-50% of the grist. The tricky thing will be working out the crystals. I'd start with 5% each (maybe higher with the caramunich, and 2% for the roasted wheat.

Let us know how you get on...

Here's a recipe I've brewed from a Jamil book. I accidently used Caramunich instead of Munich as in the recipe below and I thought this improved it so can recommend substitution. Hops were NZ Hallatau Aroma @ 60 mins and yeast was Wyest 3068. Planning to re-brew and will use German Tettnang this time but that is the only change.

OG: 1.056

IBU: 16.5

Boil: 90 mins

54% Wheat Malt
24% Munich Malt
15% Pilsner (2 Row)
3% Caramel/Crystal Malt - 30L
3% Caraaroma
1% Carafa Special II

Good luck!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by