Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I decided to enter a few beers for you fellas I hope you all like NZ Hops, NZ Malt, UK Malt, UK Hops, US Hops, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae from 3 diffrent country origins and Brettanomyces Bruxellensis

1 Dot??? Have this only and you can drive

2 Dot??? Have this only and you can drive

3 Dot??? Dont Drive

4 Dot??? Dont Drive

And a Rogue No Dot, Dont Drive, tell us what you got and what you think, and at the end I will tell you what they were if I remember.

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

ok last beer of the swap for me and a great way to end it. Golden in colour, awesome clarity, wouldn't expect anything less from Mike. First off I have a whiff and get a massive hit of hops of the nose, smells familiar but with something else too. Grassy and some melon, Laura gets Papaya. Since trying the beer and writing this I now know what the hops are, I wont spill as it's half the fun guessing! Hops carry through to the flavour leaving a prickly bitterness on the back of the tongue. Finishes up slightly sweet but the hops just about balance it all out. It's very pale and not much malt profile going on which makes me think it's maybe a big Bohemian Pilsner. Lots of hops but not that bitter so I reckon it's all late, maybe 15, 10, 5, 0 additions? Brilliant beer to end the swap on, cheers everyone.
3 dots BOOM

That was the sound of my braIn exploding from sensory overload.

Beautiful bright clear golden colour with a tinge of rose gold. Thin head that disappears before the glass hits my lips.
Nose is all hops and booze but the alcohol has a twang of something else - slightly sweet, slightly sour, slightly spicy. Combined it's almost petrol-like, but in a screaming DRINK ME NOW kind of way. This thing should be labelled with one of those corrosive hand melting warning labels like on my container of iodophor. I digress.

The palate is a flavour EXPLOSION.
Candi sweetness combines with a bitter hop punch in the nose. There's fruity flavours, boozy flavours, citrus hoppy flavours, yeastie flavours, ever so slightly mouth puckering flavours, A FUCKING METRIC TON OF FLAVOURS. There's a stadium-sized boozy party in my mouth.

The last film of beer in my glass has a reddish tinge to it, like the last drop of two stroke in the jerry can.

A bloody fucking amazing beer Mike. Blown away.
I think we owe Barry a round of applause for the best CS review ever! It does make you sound a bit mental...but awesome review none the less.
You think that was mental, I'm half cut now. How damn big was that Mike?
Since they have been now all drunk, Its a 8.8% Imperial Pilsner, all TF Halcyon and a little dextrose to dry it out and bump up the alc with out making it to malt fat. Hops were Simcoe and Citra in the boil than about 6g/L of Citra in the dryhop. 34/70 the yeast. Glad it got ya drunk Barry

I actually haven't had mine! but I'm looking forward to it in a major fashion.

Really I thought there was only 3 opps!!

Had this last night - 4 dots of buggy goodness!!

Pours a bright red, very rodenbach grand cru coloured with a nose to match. Brett, sweat, port, sherry, cardboard!! A bit thin on the mouthfeel, no malt flavours to speak of really - always hard balancing the finish on these buggy beers tho!

Cheers bro

I''ve just pulled what I think is your beer out of the fridge, and can't see any dots.  The writing is half scuffed/worn off but looks something like it has "some beer"written on it - does that ring a bell as one of yours Mike?
If its gold writing its Mikes..

Thanks Rev - yep its Mike's then.  I'll get back with tasting notes.

Wow people still drinking them, I got a feeling that they will or should be pretty fuckaroorooed by now!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service