Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I decided to enter a few beers for you fellas I hope you all like NZ Hops, NZ Malt, UK Malt, UK Hops, US Hops, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae from 3 diffrent country origins and Brettanomyces Bruxellensis

1 Dot??? Have this only and you can drive

2 Dot??? Have this only and you can drive

3 Dot??? Dont Drive

4 Dot??? Dont Drive

And a Rogue No Dot, Dont Drive, tell us what you got and what you think, and at the end I will tell you what they were if I remember.

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

Great head too btw. Fluffy fluffy fluffy. Gotta be a belgium yeast aye? I'm 3/4 through, and gutted it's about to finish!

Okay, I had the 3 dot last night and fuck.......  what a beauty..

I am not really sure how to describe it but I would at least say it would be around the 7-8% mark..

Nice and clear with a little haze, nice fluffy head.. aroma was very strong and the flavour was very nice and pungent.. Bitterness was there to balance it all out perfectly...

I could almost liken it to an Amargeddon.... or Tuatara APA.. ?

Dude, this is one of the best beers I have ever tried... huge call I know, but f**k you hit the money on that one..

Thanks for that beer... would love to see the recipe...

1 dot.

Brilliantly clear, pale, white head. Clean, slightly minerally and dry, but with a malt character that drows and grows until it feels almost malt balanced at the end. Hops are very fruity... mango, guava, papaya... and the bitterness is nicely balanced. Better than most commercial pale ales, which doesn't surprise me out of Mike's brewery. Is there anyone else who is brewing about a million litres a year and still homebrewing on most of his days off!???

1 dot, 2 minutes.

I got the 4 dots.

Apologies up-front for the beer-drivel to follow:

Aroma - alcohol and apples

Appearance - Dark Ruby Appearance - Carbonation - low. Second pour produced a little head that ran away like the cops were chasing it.

Flavour - apple cider and spice (cinamon/clove) with a dry/sour finish and alcohol warmth but with a hint of sweetness that appears almost after the finish.

No idea what it could be - beyond my limited experience but enjoying it as if it was a strong scrumpy.

What is it?

Oxidised beer by the sounds of it, Seems my lack of post fermentation sanitation and bottling is really taking effect on the beer. Sorry Guys.  
Just great - goes to show - cant tell the difference between Scrumpy and Oxidised Infected beer. I think I'll just throw myself in front of the next Lion Red truck when it next comes past The Flying Jug in Otara.

2 dots for me. 

Beautiful looking beer - clear, gold, big white fluffy head. Carbonation is pretty high, which ain't my favourite, but it goes well with this beer.

Didn't pick much up on the aroma but I have a bit of a cold so that could explain it.

Dry as a witch's tit. Honey notes come through as it warms up. Slight spiciness. Did I mention it finished dry? 

Must be a saison yeast, although my ability to pick anything in this case swap has been way off so it probably isn't. Bloody lovely though, and no signs of flaws.

Witches have dry tits??? Well I never....you learn something new every day!
I always thought that it was statues that had dry tits.

This is interesting, I got 2 dots but my perceptions seem way off what other people have said. My overall impression was of a crisp, refreshing, US style golden ale with a neutral yeast.

I got citrus, a little stonefruit and a hint of honey on the nose, more citrus and stonefruit on the palate with a little caramalt coming through. For a moment I thought I picked up a hint of smoke, although it went away pretty quick and may have been my imagination after reading Vdogs post.

My guess for ingredients would be Golden Promise with a little caramalt or pale crystal for the grist, Amarillo ? yeast I imagine one of the 3 us strains 05/1056/001. I may be way off, but i'm pretty curious to find out.

Cheers ! whatever it was it was very tasty.

Two dots.

Drinking Mikes homebrew makes me feel like a rank amateur floundering in the shallows.

Great beer Mike, cheers.

Fuck yeah, 3 dots, awesome! Review to follow once I've calmed down a bit!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service