Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I never got the Simcoe experience... popped in for one but Amarillo was back on. 'twas really good but my first one was a little better.  Something I couldn't place my finger on (probably the fact that the value for money wasn't as great because I quaffed it so fast!!!).
now, now Stu - be nice :)  And thinking about it, I dont think I've ever had a 'hazy' beer from you....I'm just a 'purist', there are very few excuses for hazy beer.  Looking forward to the WCB up our way Jo :)
Yeah - the WCB is really hazy... it has hops floating in it too sometimes... I just couldn't bring myself to take all that goodness away from the beer!
Wow - do you get a free tea strainer with a keg ;) I hope a keg for the 'tron is on its way....

It's all sold out mate (still selling at Hashigo Zake), but Greig has reserved 2 kegs of "Corny Conditioned*" versions that I brewed last week to be served through his hand pump at the RCC. A Hamiltron exclusive. I owe Greig a hell of a lot - so you Hamiltonians can expect more kudos like this in the future.

* "Corny conditioned" is a new term coined by the Liberty Brewing Company Ltd. and is a simulation of the process involved in "Cask Conditioning" an Ale, however is not conditioned in a Cask. It's conditioned in a 20L keg. I've trialled this method over the years, and having served none other than Neil Miller through Mine Own hand pump - in Mine Own living room... where His own socks were blown off.............

.......... I get carried away. Corny Conditioned Ales are really really good.

Almost as good as casked conditioned ones.

Greig hasn't said a word...hopefully he wasnt saving them for himself ;) I do 'cask conditioned' (or 'corny conditioned' to use your terminology) at home in corny's too...so looking forward to it!
Sorry, only sorted last night, and haven't talked to John or Allan either. Had a heap on my plate with the Chch solidarity session planning. But yeah, we're getting some awesome beer. ;)

Decided to go down tho the local 4-square last night to see what they had on the shelves. The 3 Boys IPA had been replaced by their Golden - so I was totally in there. Thought I'd show a bit of support by buying their beer.... even if they aren't really able to re-stock the 4-square at the moment.

The opening of the cap released that skunky aroma - which I have to say didn't hang in the glass for all that long. I gotta commend them for that head retention and lacing. The balance in the beer is spot on too. Didn't really want to quaff it but I did...

I grabbed a 500ml of Epic Pale Ale too exp 11-11... and damn it was fresh. I remember the taster I had at O'Carrols last time I went up to Auckland, wich was supremely hoppy - but this bottled version held up pretty bloody good. It really reminded me of my Clone attempt that I brewed 6 months ago or whenever that was. The Bottle was better then mine though.

Anybody been lucky enough to try this little beauty?
Bloody DB, they can't even spell "beer" ;-P
Lucky? Bahaha, yeah right mate :oP
years ago...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service