The Recipe Exchange

A place to find and discuss different recipes for different styles of beer. Start a new discussion / thread with the beer style you are looking for.
  • Dunkelwiezen recipe???

Hi Folks,I was thinking about a Dunkelwiezen recipe similar to the Greenman Dunkelwiezen ( not sure if it is still available), it's been awhile since I drank one but remember it as being quite sweet, with some malty character, mild coffee/choc (carafa sp 2?) and plenty of banana. I have ordered…

By Scott Lyon

• NHC 2012 Medal winners

In an attempt to keep catalogue some winning recipes whose keen to post their medal winning beers for this year? What a great comp, great organising and judging and obviously some cracking beers out there. Richard Deeble's already blogged on his…

By Tilt

• All of my recipes

Before leaving Wellington I had a few people ask for various recipes of mine.  I promised them I'd put all of them up here for people to copy/learn from/have a laugh at.So here, in all its glory, is my full Beersmith Brew Log from the past 3+ years of all grain brewing in Wellington:…

By Llew Bardecki

• NHC 2010 medal winning recipes

A wee while down the track but are there any willing placegetters or medallists from NHC 2010 who are happy to share their recipes in the spirit of inspiring up-and-comers or plain wannabes?The judging comments seemed to point towards a lower standard of entries as a whole last year - but there…

By Tilt

• Award Winners 2009 NHC

A place to post recipes for those that picked something up at this years homebrew comp.Hopefully there's some winners willing to share.

By denimglen

• American Amber Ale

Just polished off the keg on this oneIt's basically Jamil's recipe - so I can't take full credit for it, but it's one hell of a beer.Really complex malt character that blends incredibly well with the hops. The toasted malts bring a little toasty-chocolate character, the crystals lend a little malty…

By denimglen

• Big hops in a German Weissbier?

Howdy folks.I recently made a recipe for a German Weissbier that has a buttload of hops. It's finished fermentation and we're about to bottle. It smelled awesome during fermentation, so hopefully it will taste awesome in a week or so.Just wondering if anybody has heard of any commercially brewed…

By Steven Driessen

• Oatmeal Stout

Just enjoyed a delicious bottle of Emerson's Oatmeal Stout and am inspired to attempt one of my own.Any tried and true recipes to be shared?

By Simon

• Best Bitter

One of my favorite styles. Place your tried and true recipes here!

By Dai

• Robust Porter

Put up your best Robust Porter Recipe here... It can be Oaked, Flavoured... whatever.Here's Mine:Black Beauty12-B Robust PorterDate: 5/06/2008Size: 19.0 LEfficiency: 73%Attenuation: 75.2%Calories: 217.25 kcal per 12 fl ozOriginal Gravity: 1.065 (1.048 - 1.065)Terminal Gravity: 1.016 (1.012 -…

By JoKing