Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

That was an awesome buzz last night regarding the US Beer on Beerstore...

So what did you order? No prizes for guessing what I orderd...

Blind Pig
Pliny The Elder
Union Jack
Alaskan
Alesmith

Views: 678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a sausage-fest in here...
Arriving tomorrow, I'll need to drink them all before Sunday because once Sunday-Saturday is seven days in heaven/hell.

1 x Stone Smoked Porter - (650ml Bottle) (2267)
1 x AleSmith Old Numbskull - (750ml Bottle) (2268)
1 x Bear Republic Big Bear Black Stout - (650ml Bottle) (2277)
1 x Deschutes Mirror Mirror Barleywine - (650ml Bottle) (2308)
1 x Rogue Shakespeare Stout - (650ml Bottle) (1986)
1 x t IJ Plzen - (330ml Bottle) (2031)
1 x t IJ Natte - (330ml Bottle) (2032)
1 x t IJ Zatte - (330ml Bottle) (2035)
1 x De Ranke XX Bitter - (330ml Bottle) (2107)
1 x Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor - (330ml Bottle) (2110)
1 x De Ranke Guldenberg - (330ml Bottle) (2106)
1 x Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye Ale - (650ml Bottle) (2276)

What's it going to be like walking into a room with 350 beers on Sunday morning and knowing I've got to work my ass off for 10hrs a day for the next 3 (probably 4) days. And I know (but can't elaborate yet) that there are air-freighted beers that would give Mike Neilson the biggest stiffy ever!
Stu, Im reserving my Stiffy for your Belgian!! But hmm? air freighted beers? can you elebaorate?
Speaking of ordering beers... did anybody notice craftbrewer.com.au has quietly added these?
No, I didn't! Otherwise I might have sneaked a few in with the big hops & stuff order I just placed with Ross.
I can elaborate: You should have volunteered as a steward mate!
I did volunter but had to revoke as im drinks co-ordinater for friends for a session and sampling commitments!!
Poor excuse if you ask me...See you tomorrow Stu
Air-freighted specials?? Don't drink em all before I arrive on Sunday evening :-)
The "t Ij Plzen" was awesome. Better than anything from my last box. Peppery herbal hops and on yeasty on the nose. Malty but very dry, pithy and hugely bitter. Reminded me a lot of Moa Original but with a bit more of everything. Probably like Plzen would have been 200 years ago.

It was like an excellent homebrew - the highest compliment for any commercial beer.
Damn, I'd ignored those. Now I think I need 'em. Best I wait until after Beervana though. I've heard about the "recommended pricing" on the samples (200ml), and tbh, for something designed to promote these beers, it's taking the piss. I suspect I'm going to be broke by the end of two sessions.
I heard rumours of $5 per sample. Anywhere close to that?

I'm guessing it's there to stop the piss heads but it sure makes for an expensive session...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service