Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Here's a thread we can use once a year, and then entirely forget about for the rest of it.

So, when doing your seasonal thing with family and friends, what beers (or other beverages) will make your day complete? Do you have an elaborate drinking ritual? Or do you just slam down a few to feel festive? Tell us what does it for you to enhance your yuletide celebrations.

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will probably be the traditional champagne brekie/brunch for me.

I've brewed a batch of Blonde Ale for the masses which I think will go down well. Reasonably crisp with a little hop character to keep me happy.

An IPA that will probably be good for drinking with lunch.

A bottle of Porter Noir that I'll probably save for New Years.

A few other bottles in the fridge, Twisted Hops Sauvin Pils, Unibroue Maudite, Renaissance M.P.A, and a couple bottles of Nerdherder B.

Dropped the hint to a few people that a couple Barley Wines would be a good Xmas pressie, so fingers crossed for that :-)
Drank the Maudite tonight, fucking awesome!
Wish granted :-D

Hmmmm.....to cellar or enjoy?....
To drink.
you plug your beers in these days?
Only the old stock.

Removes the chill haze.
This is what I had lined up from Christmas Day (not sure I would have got through it all in one sitting)

Anderson Valley - 20th Anniversary IPA
Speakeasy Double Daddy Imperial IPA
Firestone Union Jack IPA
Avery Maharaja
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
North Coast Old Rasputin XII
Deschutes The Abyss Imperial Stout
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

But the big fail happened yesterday.

Snow delays planes from Eastern US.
Brothers flight from San Fran to LA delayed 3 hrs
Misses connecting flight to NZ (due to arrive this morning)
Now back in San Fran, got a flight now arriving in NZ on 26th

Now the suitcase with the above beers, is MIA in LAX.

Got a feeling we aint ever going to see that suitcase again.

:-(
It isn't so much what to drink, but what not to drink!

But after a good 100km bike ride in the the morning, I'm thinking a Nerdherder to freshen me up, then some His Majesty to team with my traditional Christmas Curry.

And then Fullers Vintage Ale as I relax in the evening...
Well last night there was loads of Nerdherder, Twisted Hop Goldings, Tuatara Pale Ale, Tuatars Hefe and Tuatara Helles, Today it's My Lager Pale Ale thing 3 Boys Golden, Nerdherder D, Laguinitas IPA, Townshends ESB and Epic Mayhem and probably a few Russian Stouts and tomorrow its; (before I give my tired old liver a break)

Delirium Christmas
Gouden Carlous Christmas
Cochonnette
Laginitus IPA
Mayhem
Westvletern 8

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
Merry Christmas to you too.

Tomorrow I'll have a Stone Old Guardian, some of my Debilitated Defender - and a few other home brews. I have a shipment on Saturday night for 40 hours or so... so I can't get too carried away.
Merry xmas guys! Been working all day, but its gonna make tomorrow feel so much better! To be honest, it doesnt really feel like xmas at all to me this year?? I wonder why?

In my fridge I have

Summer Ale Mk I - full keg
Summer Ale Mk II - full keg
Motueka Altbier - half keg
Cranberry Cream Ale - less than half keg
Old Ale - ???

Should hopefully last me through the festive season, nothing fermenting at the mo which is extremely rare for me!! Worse comes to worse I will bust out some random bottle conditioned beers I have lying around...

I also have a bottle of Epic Pale ale and Chimay Blue for xmas evening, I have underlined evening because im the sober driver this year :o( haha, oh well, at least I have a new car to drive, makes it slightly more exciting than normal...
Oh yeah, also had a San Megiuel or whatever its called after work, pretty bland, slight flavour, too fizzy etc... Pretty much what youd expect from your average non craft beer bar...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service