Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dont know? it's 4 months old and owes me $200 and it would cost $250 to $280 for one landed it now. So basicly in a nut shell I dont know. lol. It would be marginal to get a 10 gal one in at the moment for under GST payment. ( anything GST claim under $40 dollars they wont make you pay but thats car parts?)
The 10 gallon coolers are $160 at payless and the 5 gallon coolers are about $100 - $130, damn near highway robbery!

The false bottom would need to be imported still.
Are the 10gal coolers the same as Morebeer? I cant find them here in Wellington?
Yes the exact same coolers, and your parts / extras make the set, my argument is "for", not "against" at that price!
As well as the false bottom, you'd want a decent ball valve set up like the morebeer system. That'll probably set you back another $50, possibly more.
For a False bottom its 38.95us plus 37.95us for weldless coupler and ball valve and another 3.95 for threaded barb each! that would enable you to connect false bottem to bulkhead fitting, plus say 30 shipping makes it 114.8us so about 195 kiwi plus 160 kiwi for the Cooler from Payless makes it 355 NZD. Is the Forty dollars worth the hassle of trying to source all that parts and bits from all over the world and NZ?
You may as well go for the entire B3-200... it's nice, and you'll need all the hot liquor for your sparging anyway.
I can cofirm they are great. Excellent heat retention and the false bottom works like a charm. Sparge arm isn't a must but I'd rather have it for sure.

I never contemplated 5 gallon. Time is my biggest hinderance, so I may as well always brew as much as I can at once.
Oh nice as long as that person stops bidding on that conical fermenter I may just have enough spare change to LOL:)
Northern English Brown?

Are you using ADM pils as the base for all your beers? Anything you've found so far that it doesn't suit?
Yep, half of this is on its way to becoming a bit of a Northern Brown. It has S04 in the fermenter.

Only the third time I've used it - and only one of those beers is on tap now... and it is a 10% beer (it certainly worked well for that beer!).

I'll let you know. I've got two kegs of Belgian Pale and now two kegs of this.
Awesome thanks :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service